Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bar management

Options
  • 07-08-2007 10:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

so what's bar management like here? i put it down as my 1st choice and chances are i'll get it considering it's not that many points even for me!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 296 ✭✭Thundercracker

so what's bar management like here? i put it down as my 1st choice and chances are i'll get it considering it's not that many points even for me!

Ill be honest, I dont even know what Bar Management people do, I always assumed it was legal studies etc. (passing the bar is a phrase ive often heard associated with the legal process) until someone told me it might just be people training to be managers of public houses, but i find that very unlikely

i dont think youll get much information on bar management here im afraid, best check out the website

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

I would've thought that Bar Management would be best learned on the job...? What kind of book learnin' do they give you?

• Registered Users Posts: 729 ✭✭✭scruff321

the writin rules on pulling pints,how to toss out a drunk,scampy fries or peanuts etc,etc :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 superskunk

bar management is a great course. here's some info:
    This three year course covers all aspects of licensed trade management with a strong modern business focus. The programme is designed to produce highly qualified graduates capable of dealing not only with the day to day operational demands of modern business but graduates will also be able to approach these challenges in more strategic way. It prepares candidates for a variety of professional careers in the licensed trade at management level while at the same time offering successful applicants an opportunity to complete an interesting and varied degree with a difference.

In addition to the college studies students will have the opportunity to comlete two 8 week mentored professional internships in quality establishments at the end of years 1 and 2.

here's the modules of the course
    Semester 1

Principles of Economics
    Licensed Trade Operations Level 1
    Information Technology
    Introduction to Management
    Professional Internship
    Communications & Personal Development
    Gastronomy
    Tourism Studies

Semester 2

Law
    Management Information Systems
    Professional Internship
    Licensed Trade Operations Level 2
    Marketing
    Management Accounting
    Wine Studies
    Irish Culture & Heritage Tourism

Semester 3

Facilities Management in the Licenced Trade
    Business Management & Enterprise Development in the Licensed Trade
    Services Marketing
    Human Resource Management
    Financial Accounting
    Advanced Wine Studies
    Management of Sustainable Tourism

i was gonna do this course but i decided to accept computer science in trinity
    but i might change my choice to this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 adam_neville

cheers bud. well i got the offer anyway and accepted it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

cheers bud.

Was that a subtle pun?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,488 ✭✭✭pikachucheeks

scruff321 wrote:
    the writin rules on pulling pints,how to toss out a drunk,scampy fries or peanuts etc,etc :D

Haha
    Legend!

Advertisement