Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ISDN dialup numbers?

Options
  • 07-08-2007 11:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

Hi

Not sure if this is the right forum so mods feel free to move to "nets and comms" if more appropiate.

Can anyone please tell me if there is a ISDN dialup number i can use w/o subscritopn etc? i.e. only have to pay for the phone call(1891/1890)? Are any better than other ones?

Also do any telecoms companies still offer a ISDN bundle i.e. 200 hours per month for a set price. I think eircom do but would like other options.

Tks a million

D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

1892 150 150 - Eircom.
    1890 924 042 - BT, but BT don't allow you to use both channels.
    1890 927 171 - UTV.
    There's no dedicated ISDN package. You just sign up for one of the normal dial-up packages. If you go with one of the Eircom/UTV packages, and you use both channels, your included hours are used up twice as fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

Offtopic: I could never understand why BT wouldn't accept dual BRA ISDN connections. Eircom and UTV have a virtual monopoly over that. UTV worked fine in my experience for ISDN, but I doubt there would be much difference.

Anyway, do a search on boards for local numbers, which could be cheaper especially with those talktime packages from eircom or equivalents from BT, perlico etc. There was a thread recently in this forum about that. You can forget about dual isdn connections on them I'd say.

Advertisement