Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 106

Options
  • 07-08-2007 11:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm going to buy a Peugeot 106 and i appreciate any advise what to look for when deciding if the car is worth the money or not.
    I need to change my present car to something cheep and i’ve chosen P106 as i had P306 before and i loved it 
    So if anyone has a Peugeot 106 (96-99) and can share his experience on what i have to prepare for (in terms of reliability and other money/frustration connected subjects) please do so!
    Thx in advance!
    tav

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Peugeot_106_Submarine266.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

Absolutely cracking little cars. I had one for a year and stuck 25k on it without any bother. Superb handling and balance. Go for a 1.4XSi if you can find one for a good price - Great little cars. Shouldn't have any trouble with it as long as you look after it and service it when it's due.

Gil

• Registered Users Posts: 6,440 ✭✭✭jhegarty

Can tend to have problems, but they will be small things and will be cheap to fix....great road holding for the size of car ....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,253 ✭✭✭jackofalltrades

Had one, great handling little car.
    Check all the electrics work, and look for signs of learner driver abuse.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭dfer

A mate of mine has a 106 rallye for about two years now, lovely car, sticks to the road and it is very good on the back roads.

CV joint and a few bushings went a while back but i blame the irish roads.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,946 ✭✭✭BeardyGit

The 106 I had was an old one - '92 1.1 with almost 100k on the clock by the time a driveshaft/half-axle/cv gave out on it. That cost me 100 quid for the replacement assembly, a gearbox oil change and 60 quid labour....Not too bad at all really.

The electrics didn't give me any trouble, but the lads/lasses are right to suggest you pay close attention - These oul' French cars will never live down that reputation, and perhaps for good reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Tav

Thanks for the information :)

Do you know how much changing of timing belt can cost in P106?

Tav

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,714 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

IIRC its about €300

Advertisement