Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Camcorder Battery dying very quickly

Options
  • 07-08-2007 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭

I hope I am in the right area, I have a JVC camcorder about 3 and half years old, It is a GR-D70. Even though have the battery charged up, when I turn it on it says the battery is full. Problem is the battery dies after about 6/7 mins each time. It is Lithium battery- does this mean the battery needs to be replaced? Anyway it can be fixed.
    If it needs to be replaced anyone know where I can get it and about how much they cost?
    Thanks for any help

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Li-ion batteries require a bit of care. Unlike other batteries (like NiCds) where you must always fully discharge them Li-ions are better charged regularly and only discharged fully every 20-30 cycles to calibrate the battery meter. Full discharges actually age the battery and reduce its life which is what may have happened to you. They must also be stored at about 40% charge when not in use as leaving them empty also ages them.

Thats why ipods etc should always be given a bit of charge when you get into work rather than be let go flat.

Good site here:
    http://batteryuniversity.com/parttwo.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Great thanks, It is probally close to 4years old so I guess it is down to wear and tear. How much would a new one be and where would the best place to get a cheap new one- I live southside dublin.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Get one on the tinterweb I'd say.
    7dayshop or ebay.

Advertisement