Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

A capella Metal?

• 07-08-2007 11:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭

Yes. The title was correct.

Strange, but there is a band called Van Canto from Germany that consists of 5 singers and one drummer yet they manage to sound like a full power metal band. Cool stuff but it's really cheesy. :)

1148368621_l.jpg

http://www.vancanto.de/

video and sound clips on their site (the chick isn't bad lookin') ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

Yes I am quite sure that these guys have been mentioned before here and videos linked to . They really arnt my cup of tea, but they are entertaining at least , if only for a minute or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, I posted about them before, they're definetly very interesting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

I did a search but we all know that isn't the best...

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Theres something distinctly wrong with that picture, not sure what though. They just dont look very 'metal' to me. I suppose looks can be decieving.

Theres something distinctly wrong with that picture, not sure what though. They just dont look very 'metal' to me. I suppose looks can be decieving.

It's the guy with his shirt open. That's all well and fine for Latin-American pop singers, but it's just not very metal at all.

• Advertisement

It's the guy with his shirt open. That's all well and fine for Latin-American pop singers, but it's just not very metal at all.

I've seen worse when I was in Germany, you're lucky they're not wearing skirts. :eek: LOL

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

not metal? they fulfill most of the requirements

at least one has a gay pose with most of his shirt buttions undone

there's a midget in the back holding his head really far back to look taller

I don't see any leather pants though.. that could be a problem
    just can't take people seriously in a metal band unless they are wearing leather pants

joe robot wrote:
    I've seen worse when I was in Germany, you're lucky they're not wearing skirts. :eek: LOL

Nah, for some reason wearing skirts is ok. Just ask the singer from Dimmu Borgir:

Always has to be the full-lenth ones though, knee-high just ain't metal.

Anyone else pissing themselves as to where this thread has ended up?

Mordeth wrote:
    not metal? they fulfill most of the requirements

at least one has a gay pose with most of his shirt buttions undone

there's a midget in the back holding his head really far back to look taller

I don't see any leather pants though.. that could be a problem
    just can't take people seriously in a metal band unless they are wearing leather pants

Well the midget looks like he may be wearing a leather tshirt if thats possible... :confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

hrm, I'll have to check with the judges.. but I think we can accept that

METAL!"

• Advertisement

Nah, for some reason wearing skirts is ok. Just ask the singer from Dimmu Borgir:

Always has to be the full-lenth ones though, knee-high just ain't metal.

Anyone else pissing themselves as to where this thread has ended up?

I saw everything from Knee High to Skirts that reached the ground, all of them were leather. Very strange... I felt out of place wearing trousers :o

Yes, this thread has taken a very weird path....lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

joe robot wrote:
    I saw everything from Knee High to Skirts that reached the ground, all of them were leather. Very strange... I felt out of place wearing trousers :O

Yes, this thread has taken a very weird path....lol

Thats something you dont get to say often, enjoy it :p

joe robot wrote:
    I saw everything from Knee High to Skirts that reached the ground, all of them were leather. Very strange... I felt out of place wearing trousers :o

Yeah, leather is definetly better. But I'd say you'd best be on the safe side and wear a full lenth one, just incase. If you're going knee-lenth, it should be a kilt. Nothing says metal like a kilt, biker jacket, and new rocks.

I know what you mean though, even when I was in the Download Festival, lot of skirts and kilts going around. I really wanted to buy a kilt myself, but they were something like £50, so I didn't.

Advertisement