Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gourmet Burger = win!

Options
  • 07-08-2007 11:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭

Well, I've been a fan of Gourmet Burger for a while now, but their sheer awesomeness has astounded me today.

I popped into Gourmet Burger at around 5PM (I actually hadn't eaten all day before that, so I was considerably hungry), and got a Thai hot box. Tasty as ever, but dear god does it ever fill! I'm actually astonished, because aside from a single yogurt around 9, I've not eaten anything since, and I'm still not all that hungry.

Honestly, best €6.95 I spent on food. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

where is it ?

I'm not in town that much ... even though I live in town ...

Used be the snackbox or ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yep, it's the same place as the Snackbox used to be. ;)

God I miss the snackback ... fresh breakfast type rolls ... fried eggs .. tomatoes ... and grease ... couple of chips ... (they even did a semi veggie one for me)

Might give the Gourmet place a try next time I'm passing .. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah, I had the tomato something burger a while back and it was really good.
    KH, are you getting free burgers for shilling? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Yeah it's good alright, the lamb/mint burger is worth a look, it was something like 6euro though for the burger alone, great quality meat however.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

I was pretty impressed with their cheeseburger before but less so with the chips.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,335 ✭✭✭smackbunnybaby

Well, I've been a fan of Gourmet Burger for a while now, but their sheer awesomeness has astounded me today.

I popped into Gourmet Burger at around 5PM (I actually hadn't eaten all day before that, so I was considerably hungry), and got a Thai hot box. Tasty as ever, but dear god does it ever fill! I'm actually astonished, because aside from a single yogurt around 9, I've not eaten anything since, and I'm still not all that hungry.

Honestly, best €6.95 I spent on food. :)

so whats in this Thai Hot Box you talk of?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

Yes, i've always been a fan of Gourmet burger ever since it opened, by far the best burgers in Galway. Haven't tried there box-a-ma-jigs though.

biko wrote:
    KH, are you getting free burgers for shilling? :D

Unfortunately not.
    so whats in this Thai Hot Box you talk of?

Chicken goujons made with Thai spices which are really tasty, little spring rolls, a big wad of chips, and some dip. I usually go for the sweet chilli sauce.

that actually sounds unreal.....

• Advertisement

It is very tasty indeed. I'm also partial to the Japanese hot box they do, which has some fish and prawns instead of the goujons and spring rolls.

Oddly enough, I've never actually eaten a burger in there, it's always been the hot boxes.

Speaking of boxes, try the Lemongrass bento box.
    Contains appetiser, main course and dessert all in one go. Perfect for lunch.

bento_6.jpg

biko wrote:

bento_6.jpg

Is that takeaway .. and how much was it ? :)

Wow, that looks good!

I was in there not so long ago, must go in again and try one. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

biko wrote:

bento_6.jpg

I approve.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

SyxPak wrote:
    I approve.
    OMG, Fantastic.:cool:
    I gotta try the Gourmrt Burger, and how much does the Lemongrass "lunch" box cost?, Looks like a work of Art.:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Lemongrass is gone, it's no longer that franchise, it's called something else now.

Lemongrass is gone, it's no longer that franchise, it's called something else now.

is it something like tampura?
    i heard that lemongrass had to shut but that the new restaurant is the same manager and from what i could see much the same menu it is much the same

Aye, it's no longer Lemongrass, it's called Tamerind now, but I do remember seeing the Bento Box on the menu when I was in there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Great place alright, used to go there nearly daily when I was in school as they'd hand out €2 off vouchers on the bridge there, was great! I'll be walking past there alot at around 12.45 next year in hope of a repeat :)

Advertisement