Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A decent video camera

• 07-08-2007 11:56pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

If this is in the wrong place feel free to move!

Im looking for a decent video camera for a trip to new york and something I could use for normal use when I get home(basically so it last a nice bit) my budget would be about 200 - 300 euro I can stretch it if I wanted to but trying to keep it cheap so im open to any suggestion really! I would like it to be nice enough quality

Main uses would be:

Skateboarding and some night time stuff

I dont realy know what to look for so instead of reading through alot of stuf id say id ask on her :)

Cheers

EDIT:

Is firewire better than usb? and DV is supposed to be good quality?

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 507 ✭✭✭portomar

firewire is much faster than usb yes. try get a mini dv camera (tape based) if possible, they tend to come a bit cheaper than the hard disk one and makes it easier to store ur stuff. if you want to edit stuff and put it back on tape, you'll need one with DV in aswell as out, almost impossible to find on ur budget. i find most cheap cams perform quite well in low light so shudnt be a problem

Advertisement