Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

North Circular road/Grangegorman area

Options
  • 08-08-2007 12:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Hi iam just about to start leasing a house in the North Circular road/Grangegorman area (D7) and was just wondering what kind of place it is to live in. Is it safe or is there a lot a scum nearby? It near the great western villas

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Franner

I live near there and I like it.. I'm not sure if I'm scum or not though

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Franner wrote:
    I live near there and I like it.. I'm not sure if I'm scum or not though

If your not sure your not then you probably are.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

whirlwind wrote:
    Hi iam just about to start leasing a house in the North Circular road/Grangegorman area (D7) and was just wondering what kind of place it is to live in. Is it safe or is there a lot a scum nearby? It near the great western villas

Great Western Villas is nice. Overall it's a nice area, particularly convenient for most things. But there are a large number of dodgy addressed in the area, make sure your place isn't in one of them

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Franner

If your not sure your not then you probably are.
    Perhaps.... it's generally a word used by people as a cover for their own perceived inadequacies in my experience.. they feel the need to look down on somebody else. I've heard the whole of Tallaght described as scum in some circles, while in other circles I've been in, your own grammatical shortcomings would be viewed as evidence that you are scum.
    I don't really like the word myself, but c'est la vie.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,738 ✭✭✭Jay D

it is indeed a nice little area

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2 bikerchick

Grangegorman itself is a lovely area. I live down the road from there in the Oxmantown part of Stoneybatter and I love it! There are great pubs a few nice restaurants and its so handy for town. I was worried before moving that it would be a bit rough but that was just stupid snobbery on my part. Its a great neighbourhood.
    I know one or two people who have had bad experiences renting flats on North Circular Road itself (in those 4 story redbricks) at the end near the park. This was not due to the area itself but rather that the houses were crammed full of tenants, badly kept and security was poor.
    Where abouts in Grangegorman are you thinking of renting??
    Good luck :)

Advertisement