Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Slainte Bar

Options
  • 08-08-2007 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Anyone been to slainte bar recently?tis good laugh,beats the new crappy super pub idea.comedy every sunday night,thing called ringo on a monday,tis a bit of fun like,nothing too serious:) :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,959 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Ya, been there a couple of times, for birthdays and the like... Nice little pub, i like it... Was @ Ringo couple of weeks ago, bit of fun for a Monday night... (and i won a drink!)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Remind me, where is it? I know the name and I've most likely been in there but I can never put names to locations...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,716 ✭✭✭Balmed Out

been there fair few times but not a monday, what actually happens

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

JohnK wrote:
    Remind me, where is it? I know the name and I've most likely been in there but I can never put names to locations...

It is to the right of Burger King (if you're facing Burger King) down an alley-way... Apparently it used to be known as the Vineyard...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,780 ✭✭✭JohnK

Ah yes, I know the palce formerly known as the Vineyard. Havent been in there since around christmas, might be time for another look in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Is it still a late bar?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭Azhrei

It closes late enough, though I can't remember myself what time it closed when I was there a month or so back. It's a great little place, good entertainment and atmosphere, and if you have a group with you, then if you can land the snug like we did, then you'll have a good time. After it closed, we headed off to the Quad, but that's really more of a STAND UP AND SHOUT AT EACH OTHER bar, if you get my drift ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Jammy

Hi lads,

Headin to Cork for a good night out tommorow, I was just wondering if Slainte are strict on ID's. I use my USIT Student ID but some places don't always except which is a pain. I don't bring my passport out you see, naturally. :rolleyes:

Cheers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

They had bouncers asking most people for ID last Sunday night alright (Paddy's Eve though)

Very nice snuggy bar, and the Hoegaarden on tap! E4.80 for a massive glass (nearly a pint and a half)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭Jammy

Ah okay cheers for replying.

Would they have them on Wednesday night you think?

I'd say most bars and pubs had bouncers around Paddy's Day naturally.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

plazzTT wrote: »
    Very nice snuggy bar, and the Hoegaarden on tap! E4.80 for a massive glass (nearly a pint and a half)

That can't be true..? Hoegaarden have distinctive thick glasses but I'm pretty sure it's just a pint.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

That's what I thought too. The line is a pint, but they fill it to the top (few times I've had it anyway) I have one of those glasses at home. Was sad enough to measure it, it's just under 800ml. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 546 ✭✭✭Froot

The best Beamish I've had in the city, believe it or not. Murphys isn't great. Nice selection of beer too, staropramen and budvar on tap.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭Philush

yeah they've a great selection of beer there recently,havin budvar on tap too is cool,havent seen it anywhere else on draught,way nicer. great music there too on weekend when they've djs in, skankmusica especially.go there most nights now on a night out, plus the barmen always seem to be havin a laugh which is a good thing i think,they seem to like their jobs like makes for a nicer atmosphere in there

oh and did ye know its gonna be knocked down? its being knocked with the capitol cinema development! :eek:

Philush wrote: »
    oh and did ye know its gonna be knocked down? its being knocked with the capitol cinema development! :eek:

Really? Where'd you hear that?

i went to see the plans for the site, the oyster(further down the lane,closed now) slainte, the jewellers and the poundshop are going, the cinema, central shoestore,where the istanbul used be and the place next to it are all being knocked.big huge shopping mall type thing going in. its crazy, the oyster even tho its closed is one of the oldest pubs in the city, was a world famous steakhouse,and slainte is one of the oldest too(formerly the vineyard,was the longest pub in ireland too), cant believe ther're knockin them,and the new building they want to put in looks terrible.

Bummer...

• Advertisement

it is really,dont think many people are aware of ibeing knocked

just read there that they've started a free music tuesday. bout three acts play a night.draws a good crowd too from what im hearing

Advertisement