Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TY -> 5th yr advice please pplz

Options
  • 08-08-2007 4:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭

hey lovely pplz:p ,i am new to here,
    and i am here seeking for some advice><

i am going in to 5th yr, in lyk 20 dayz :confused:
    lyk just had a dos yr, had great fun in TY but did absolutely nothing and became fairly lazy and i almost forgot everything i did in the junior cert.. :(

i really don't know how to start myself off n 5th yr after having such a dos yr...,i am just really worried about everything

lyk am going to do my homework and stuff, i am planing to work hard
    whats 5th yr going to be like?
    is there any study tips or advice that people could give to me ?
    and whats the most import thing that i need to do in 5th yr?

i really appreciate for you help

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,151 ✭✭✭Thomas_S_Hunterson

If you're lucky, the teachers will go hard as nails on you for the first few months to whip you back into shape. Mine did anyway. It takes time to build up a good routine.

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭nick23

Same here. Its good but it really is a kick in the balls.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Expect body shock for the first few weeks. Pace is really upped but you get into the swing of it after no time. Be sure to organise and file everything. You'll be so happy you do come LC.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,889 ✭✭✭tolosenc

It's tough, no doubt about it. Be focused and organised from the word go. I'd say study from day one, but not mad intense, just casual note making on what you did that day, or write out the quotes from english, or learn a couple of French words etc.

If a supervised study facility is availible to you, take it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,194 ✭✭✭Corruptedmorals

It'll be awful, but by the midterm you'll have got into the routine. Do your best to block out the 'Leaving Cert' speeches on your first day back, it'll be tough enough without them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

You sound like it is a unique problem to you alone. It will be no problem because you seem focused and work on the fear of failing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭gaeilgegrinds

IMO the fact you are even thinking of this means you probably won't have a huge problem. Put the head down, do your homework & prepare for a two year marathon rather than a year long sprint.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,469 ✭✭✭✭cson

Jesus go out and get locked. You really have little to be worrying about. 5th year? lmfao. My advice is do your homework properly and you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 279 ✭✭adam_ccfc

cson wrote:
    Jesus go out and get locked. You really have little to be worrying about. 5th year? lmfao. My advice is do your homework properly and you'll be fine.
    qft

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭Naikon

~Candy~ wrote:
    hey lovely pplz:p ,i am new to here,
    and i am here seeking for some advice><

i am going in to 5th yr, in lyk 20 dayz :confused:
    lyk just had a dos yr, had great fun in TY but did absolutely nothing and became fairly lazy and i almost forgot everything i did in the junior cert.. :(

i really don't know how to start myself off n 5th yr after having such a dos yr...,i am just really worried about everything

lyk am going to do my homework and stuff, i am planing to work hard
    whats 5th yr going to be like?
    is there any study tips or advice that people could give to me ?
    and whats the most import thing that i need to do in 5th yr?

i really appreciate for you help

Don't worry, and remember to cram like there is no tomorrow in the last
    month.
    I "learned" more in that month than in the whole of 6th year tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭lilmissprincess

I'm in one of those schools that we actually did SOME work in Ty(not a lot for most subjects, but some)....like we did a load of Business which means economics shouldn't be too hard to get into..we did 5 months of it...
    Am dreading music though, we did NOTHING in her class last year, like not even crappy Ty stuff we just sat and talked!!!
    Got my books the other day they are long...
    Must. Learn. To. Study. Again.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭JSK 252

I'm in one of those schools that we actually did SOME work in Ty(not a lot for most subjects, but some)....like we did a load of Business which means economics shouldn't be too hard to get into..we did 5 months of it...
    Am dreading music though, we did NOTHING in her class last year, like not even crappy Ty stuff we just sat and talked!!!

Yah same here. We did some work in TY aswell. I got 10 out of the 28 experiments in Chemistry done and got the ecology section of Biology completed. I did **** all in English and French. In Irish we got 2 of the LC Ordinary level poems done however I heard that the hogher level ones are going to be a bollox next year. In Geography we did bits and pieces here and there, geography is a great subject though and will be enjoyable to do in the next 2 years.

So 5th year wont be that bad since we did work last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭Nehpets

Transition from TY to 5th year is nothing. Not hard at all. Must be just me though.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Yeah I didn't find it that bad. A bit more stressful than TY but I'd got so bored by the end of TY that some real work was appreciated.

Yeah I didn't find it that bad. A bit more stressful than TY but I'd got so bored by the end of TY that some real work was appreciated.
    you're weird. :/

: )

: )
    080946bb31546073f.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 435 ✭✭~Candy~

Sean_K wrote:
    If you're lucky, the teachers will go hard as nails on you for the first few months to whip you back into shape. Mine did anyway. It takes time to build up a good routine.

thank you =) i hope mine will too:D

nick23 wrote:
    Same here. Its good but it really is a kick in the balls.

=)

ethernet wrote:
    Expect body shock for the first few weeks. Pace is really upped but you get into the swing of it after no time. Be sure to organise and file everything. You'll be so happy you do come LC.

thanks:p , organise and file everything ? i take that as keep all the notes n stuff ?

• Advertisement

obl wrote:
    It's tough, no doubt about it. Be focused and organised from the word go. I'd say study from day one, but not mad intense, just casual note making on what you did that day, or write out the quotes from english, or learn a couple of French words etc.

If a supervised study facility is availible to you, take it.

aww, thank you very much:) , i was thinking to du da supervised study alrite..

i m planing to du study from day one, but i d say i prob wont keep it up for long tho ....-___- :rolleyes: :rolleyes: lyk i was saying to maself to not to waste YT du some study but i didnt =(

It'll be awful, but by the midterm you'll have got into the routine. Do your best to block out the 'Leaving Cert' speeches on your first day back, it'll be tough enough without them.

thank you =)))))

alan4cult wrote:
    You sound like it is a unique problem to you alone. It will be no problem because you seem focused and work on the fear of failing.

lol...i nor i dunno y i am lyk that worried ..i guess i just weird ..nah ..:D just want to prepare maself =P

You can put numerous quotes in the one reply, you know.

IMO the fact you are even thinking of this means you probably won't have a huge problem. Put the head down, do your homework & prepare for a two year marathon rather than a year long sprint.

aww...thank you , Marathon..>< that going to be hard i prob give up half way thu lyk i always du..-__- i just cant sit down n study everyday unless its da day b4 a an exam :o

You can put numerous quotes in the one reply, you know.

how du i du that ..umm..yea , that be easier ..>< xx

cson wrote:

:D
    Naikon wrote:
    Don't worry, and remember to cram like there is no tomorrow in the last
    month.
    I "learned" more in that month than in the whole of 6th year tbh.

umm, i didnt reli get u hun ><:o

lol,shud i say lucky u actually did stuff..=):p it lyk u had an extra yr

JSK 252 wrote:
    Yah same here. We did some work in TY aswell. I got 10 out of the 28 experiments in Chemistry done and got the ecology section of Biology completed. I did **** all in English and French. In Irish we got 2 of the LC Ordinary level poems done however I heard that the hogher level ones are going to be a bollox next year. In Geography we did bits and pieces here and there, geography is a great subject though and will be enjoyable to do in the next 2 years.

So 5th year wont be that bad since we did work last year.

:eek: OMG ...><

Nehpets wrote:
    Transition from TY to 5th year is nothing. Not hard at all. Must be just me though.

may b thats just u =P

yea, i no wot u mean, i was actually luking forward to 5th by da end of 4th yr, actully want to du sum work but m8 think that i am mad lol..
    but yea, still ....hope it wont be that hard

• Advertisement
Advertisement