Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

repel dogs from lawn

Options
  • 08-08-2007 7:17am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭

What is the best thing for repelling dogs from dumping on your lawn? I heard pepper is good for it, is this true or is their anything else you can suggest?

Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Keep the gates closed, for a start, and put chicken-wire on any railings so they can't squeeze through.

Dogs are creatures of habit. If they are used to defecating in a particular place, that's the toilet for them, and that's the polite place to do it.

Once you've made the garden secure against casual invaders, get some holly leaves and scatter them over the lawn. And clean up any poo immediately and dispose of it off-site so there's no smell calling them in.

If they use your gateway as a pee stop, wash it down daily for a fortnight or three weeks, and sprinkle Tabasco on it, so they get used to skipping this gate. If you get the characteristic funky smell again, repeat this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 300 ✭✭rockdrummer

Sorry was very unclear about description of my lawn !!! This is the best pic I could find but they give you an idea - in actual fact they are just two strips of grass about 1 foot wide and 1.5 metres long !!! I dont have any gates !!!

Thats why Im looking for a repellant

Advertisement