Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Seat Ibiza

Options
  • 08-08-2007 9:34am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26

Hey! I'm currently looking for a new car. I was thinking of a 05 Seat Ibiza, but haven't seen many of them around! I'm beginning to worry that there might be something wrong with them that I am not aware of! Could I get some opinions?! Thanks! :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,686 ✭✭✭whippet

I had a 03 from new up until a few months ago.

it was the 1.2 Signo, over all a very good car. Cheap as chips to run, was fun to drive but very underpowered, especially at motorway speeds.

On long trips taking it handy I could average over 58mpg !

A few little things did go wrong, a coil pack went after a few weeks, replaced immediatly by the dealer, a lamba sensor went, cost a couple of quid and the only major problem was a regulator in the passenger window which cost about €200 to get right. These were the only problems with nearly 70k miles on the clock

It is based on the previous generation of the polo chassis, but will have a better basic spec level than the polo and I think the 05 was the facelifted model.

There should be a good bit of choice out there as they are a fairly big seller !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 cailingaelach

Ok feeling a bit better about it now! thanks for the info! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

just make sure you keep the door locks noiled and greased, the locks seem to be a prob in a lot of seats, but then theres none perfect, cheap to run, cheap parts, cheap tax an ins. drive on young lady

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

a Polo without the high price tag, or admittedly the quality interior plastics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 cailingaelach

So I bought the Seat! Its a 04 not a 05. I have to say that i Love it! Much better than my little 106! ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,314 ✭✭✭Marcus.Aurelius

And the very best of luck with it!!!

Advertisement