Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Suggest me a new album....

• 08-08-2007 9:49am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭

In that stage now where I'm just not getting excited by any music I'm hearing lately.

Could someone please suggest a new album / band to have a listen to. Could really do with a new album to listen to to heal this numbness..... ;)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Dredg - leitmotif (more of a heavy sound) , or el cielo (softer, more melodic.. my fav album of the two)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭tomED

the heavier the better! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

Battles - Mirrored. MMMM tasty. My favourite album of the year so far. Certainly got some heavy elements. The drumming is sublime (John Stanier from Helmet). Not really Metal though. Ive heard the term math rock bandied around. Interesting time signatures and key changes, has vocals but not really lyrics. Dont knock it til youve tried it. youtube the song Atlas. If you dont like that you wont like Battles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭Alanthroneus

Dream Theater - Systematic Chaos..... it rocks.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

If youve not done so already then I really would recomend getting the mtv unplugged album by korn. It is really very good.

For something a bit older and heavier try The Link by Gojira.

They are just two random albums that I am enjoying at the moment.

EDIT: Actually Given to the rising by Neurosis is a recent album that is very good indeed :) .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Not particularly recent, but if you want heavy, get Myrskog's "Death Machine". Crushing stuff.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

The Sword - Age of Winters. I'm still not tired of this album, more people need to hear it. Riff upon riff of awesomeness

• Closed Accounts Posts: 500 ✭✭✭mc nuggets

From Mars to Sirius - Gojira.
    One of the best albums i have heard in a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭Baggio

hate to sound like a broken record! haha but hey sue me!

try RUSH Snakes And Arrows

Baggio...

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭Den_M

The new Smashing Pumpkins album has quite a few great heavy and melodic songs. More straight forward than their past stuff but still catchy and satisfying.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭christophicus

mc nuggets wrote:
    From Mars to Sirius - Gojira.
    One of the best albums i have heard in a long time.

Agreed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 153 ✭✭hupyago

I've been listening to a lot of dave matthews band recently heavy but not metal kind of folky with electric violin, rapid drumming ,gutsy bass and great lyrics .alternative and authentic ,highly recommended if you can get their c.ds
    or torrents ,they record live by the way

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Blind Guardian - Imaginations from the Other Side
    If you want some power metal

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

As Blood Runs Black - Allegiance.
    Unearth - III: In the Eyes of Fire

HEAVY

Advertisement