Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler not igniting.

Options
  • 08-08-2007 10:01am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭

Have a vokera 12e mynute boiler. Its on timed and when it is due to come on it attempts to ignite but doesn't. Then all you hear is it continuing to try to ignite. Basically then making a noise like a slow ticking clock, for each attempt. I tried resetting and this did nt work. From looking on the net some suggest it is a part called ignition PCB. I read somewhere that taking existing one out and leave it on stainless steel. Do I need to turn off and electrical supply/water/gas to do this. I presume not.

By looking at the unit it is divided into two parts. The upper case has a small window to see the lighten flame and the lower part had the control buttons, timer, reset/on/off switch etc. Now the control unit is attached via two small screws, one at either end of the control unit section. Basically do I need to unscrew these to check it out and is it safe to do so. I have never looked inside a boiler control section before so just checking. also is the PCB in here and can it be removed safely to check.? Any experience let me know. cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

I have a similar Boiler, they seem to be very popular as all our estate is Vokera.

IF I were you I would get the boiler serviced and they will probably change either the PCB (Printed circuit board) or the ICB (ingition circuit board) both of mine have been replaced.

I would not even try to fix.

regards

Garyh3

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,581 ✭✭✭dodgyme

Are they expensive jobs to get done Gary?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭10-10-20

I'll join the club and add that I faced a similar problem in September. Both the main PCB and the ignition board had been replaced by a third party, but as the main board was faulty out of the box, it took a visit from Vokera themselves to resolve it.
    I believe the main board is €110 and the ignition board is approx €80. Get Vokera to do the service and they should only have to replace one. They are based in Callan in Kilkenny but have engineers nationwide.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,332 ✭✭✭311

Vokera are very good at customer care ,we don't service vokera ,but we call them from time to time.

10-10-20 wrote:
    I believe the main board is €110 and the ignition board is approx €80. Get Vokera to do the service and they should only have to replace one. They are based in Callan in Kilkenny but have engineers nationwide.
    Is that the total price for them to come out and install the part etc.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 700 ✭✭✭garyh3

Hi dodgyme

Vokera came out and didnt charge a penny as it was still under warrenty. So I have a MCB and a ICB spare for a 28e if anyone needs them to try.

I can def recommend them very professional and came on time. I just wish these boilers were a bit more efficient.

regards
    Garyh3

you are lucky Gary. I believe that bord Gais charge alot of money to come out and replace a part.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,163 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Ok, just found the bill -

€65 callout for the first hour, and €166.00 for the main PCB.
    Mine is the 28e also.

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭etcetc

Have the 14e version with similar problem

after multiple call outs and 2 new ignition boards etc the service guy told me last time to save money just take out the ignition board and leave it on stainless steel draining board for a minute and replace it

it worked

easy enough to take out and now i have 3 of them to swap around

will steer clear of vokera boilers next time though

Advertisement