Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Audit finds problems with private driving test company

Options
  • 08-08-2007 10:16am
    Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,715 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I think its something many of us had suspected given the anecdotal evidence floating around.
    from http://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/mhcwcwojmhey/
    Audit finds problems with private driving test company
    08/08/2007 - 10:06:56
    [URL="javascript:ts('body',-1)"]text_increase_small_on.gif[/URL] [URL="javascript:ts('body',1)"]text_increase_large_on.gif[/URL]
    A private company is coming under scrutiny following the discovery of inconsistencies in the way it conducts and assesses driving tests.

Testers at SGS Ireland have been ordered to undergo extra training following an audit of their work by the Road Safety Authority.

The audit found problems with nearly one-fifth of the tests examined.

Last year, SGS Ireland won a government contract to conduct more than 40,000 driving tests as part of efforts by the Department of Transport to reduce waiting times.

It has recently secured a second contract for 100,000 more tests.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭Irish Salfordia

Hope this does not mean they will get as picky as lots of the RSA testers

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

i did my test with the RSA and i was paranoid that i was going to fail. All my friends did their tests at SGS Fonthill and passed first time. But the RSA guy was ultra-sound. I had just as nice a test experience as them, and i passed first time as well.
    There were lots of rumours going around that SGS were passing people like it was going out of fashion and obviously there was truth to the rumour.

Advertisement