Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harp Lessons

Options
  • 08-08-2007 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 218 ✭✭

Hey all,

Anybody know where I could get harp lessons?

I already play quite a few instruments, and there have been two I've always eventually wanted to play - one was drums, which Im currently doing, and the other's harp.... :p

Any suggestions let me know :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭YogiBoy

I've the same question... anyone can recommend Irish harp lessons in Dublin city... I'd be a near beginner in the celtic harp, and also play piano and guitar
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LolaBeans

Hi guys, anyone interested in giving me harp lessons in Dublin ASAP? Don't care if you're not qualified. thanks :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭Seoid

LolaBeans, did you find a teacher?
    If not let me know (I'm not a teacher but I do play and know a few)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 LolaBeans

Hi, I actually found a harp teacher. Thanks so much though. Do you by any chance know of a harp teacher around North Dublin? The teacher I currently have is in Rathfarnham and I don't drive so have been relying on friends to bring me every week? I'm living in Fairview

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tarbolton

Hi LolaBeans. Ceoltoiri Chluain Tarbh run harp classes in Fairview (Marino College, Marino Mart accross from Fairview park) on Saturday mornings. Off for the summer holidays but starting back at the start of September (Enrolment Sept 4th). Check http://www.cluaintarbh.net/classes.htm for details.
    Can put you in touch with some good harp teachers on the Northside if that's too far away for you. Send a mail to cluaintarbh@gmail.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 SineadMcE

Hi I am also looking for harp lessons in Dublin. Living on southside. I emailed Amy but the email failed to send. Does anyone have contact details of anyone teaching currently in Dublin. Thanks for the help.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭tarbolton

Sinead
    See my post above. Ceoltóirí Chluain Tarbh give classes on the Northside. These are usually small group classes.

If you would prefer private classes PM me and I'll give you contact details for some teachers.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kometra

Hi,
    I am a harp teacher living in Ranelagh and am available evenings and weekends for one on one lessons.
    Drop me an email if you're interested kometra@gmail.com:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Duckling7997

Hi,
    I am in Dublin now for about 3 weeks time and I have never had the opportunity to learn how to play a harp. I live in Rathfarnham - would you recommend any teacher near? I just want to try this instrument, nothing too serious and long since I am here just for now. I do not require qualification.
    Thank you for help.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 lauramayy

Hello, I am a harpist based in Whitehall, if you are interested in lessons please PM me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 mzhou

Hi I actually live quite close to WhiteHall, may I have your as a contact to talk more about harp lessons?

Thank you,
    lauramayy wrote: »
    Hello, I am a harpist based in Whitehall, if you are interested in lessons please PM me :)

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭tradhead

mzhou wrote: »
    Hi I actually live quite close to WhiteHall, may I have your as a contact to talk more about harp lessons?

Thank you,

Hi Mzhou,

I'm a harp teacher (traditional and classical) in Fairview, if you're still interested in classes. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Sunflower7611

Hi Laura

Do you still teach harp and if so do you teach any classical pieces. My daughter plays traditional and would like to learn some. classical pieces. Colette.
    mzhou wrote: »

Thank you,

Advertisement