Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Probelm accessing one website

Options
  • 08-08-2007 10:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8

we have a problem accessing a certain website over our Eircom broadband. We have no problems accessing other websites and this problem site is accessible from outside of our network (i.e. from other client sites). I have spoke to Eircom and the people responsible for the website and they both say the problem is not with them. I cannot ping the website (either by IP address or hostname) and the tracert gets to a certain hop and times out. The website is pingable from other client sites.

I have tried using a new router and just having my laptop connected (no firewall or Antivirus software enabled) and the problem is still there.
    The strange thing is that we had problems before we changed out static Public IP address with Eircom - We changed the address (just as a test) and were able to access the website, then the problem returned within a week.
    The problem is with a county council website.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

Try changing your DNS servers. OpenDNS is a good alternative. Enter the two DNS servers in your router's admin utility or configure your PC's network connection settings if you can't change them on the router.

After that, do Start --> Run --> cmd --> hit enter and type this without the quotes: "ipconfig /flushdns". Now try loading that site.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 mbrown

Thanks for responding.
    tried changing the DNS servers - still have the same problem. I don't think its a DNS issue as I cannot even ping the IP address of the site. If I try to ping the full web address it does comes back with the correct IP address but doesn't respond to the pings.
    My feeling is that its a Eircom issue but how can i prove that?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

If you have a dialup modem in one of the machines dial into a BT (1890 924 042) connection, or even an Eircom (1892 150 150) connection and check the website from there.

Advertisement