Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Champions League Qualifiers

• 08-08-2007 10:45am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭

Anyone any information on whether Toulouse Vs Liverpool will be screened live??

It kicks off at 15.30 GMT

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

I just had a look at Rojadirecta, and they have no listings for it, this leads me to believe that no TV is showing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,399 ✭✭✭✭Thanx 4 The Fish

Well in fairness the date was only set yesterday, I would imagine it will be shown, is just a matter of the providers working out which of them gets it.

Give it a couple of days and then see.

Oh wait.

I thought the game was today.

Idiot I am.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

15 fúcking 30!!! :mad:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,081 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

weird time alright, they're usually evening matches. I hope we put out a strong side, even with chelsea just few days after

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I thought all CL games kicked off at 745 GMT?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,907 ✭✭✭Badabing

That's for the group stages onwards, in the qualifers the clubs decide.

It'll be French TV dictating this.

When Shels played Lille a few years ago, in the UEFA Cup, they requested a 7 O'Clock off for the leg in Landsdowne, and got it.

Probably some rugger on in Toulouse or something.

I see the Spartak Moscow v Celtic match has a 4pm K.O. That's fairly understandable though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 383 ✭✭lpool2k05

The reason is that the french league has a full fixture list to be played the same night and their are already games live on the tv channels so they didnt want to effect them

They also said that the temperature may be late 20's so the heat may come into effect and suit the Toulouse players :eek:

• Advertisement

Setanta Sports 1 is showing the Liverpool and the Arsenal ties live next Wednesday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

:mad: The Arsenal website said ITV1 yesterday for the home and away legs. must have been a mistake. Only says the away leg now :mad:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Shamrok wrote:
    Setanta Sports 1 is showing the Liverpool and the Arsenal ties live next Wednesday.

And Celtic away leg too...

Mossy Monk wrote:
    :mad: The Arsenal website said ITV1 yesterday for the home and away legs. must have been a mistake. Only says the away leg now :mad:.
    ITV is showing Liverpool home and away legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭Sizzler

Shamrok wrote:
    ITV is showing Liverpool home and away legs.
    Doesnt look like it :confused:

Exclusively live for Setanta according to this...

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/programming/a70906/setanta-scoops-champions-league-qualifiers.html

You're right. Itv.com keep changing what they say theyll show. Now it says only the second leg is on ITV. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

Pool playing at 3:30pm , thats a crap time for a match. Used to be that way in the EL in the times before lights.

kdjac

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭eirebhoy

Betfair are showing:

Dinamo Bucharest v Lazio
    Celtic v Spartak Moscow

http://livevideo.betfair.com/Default.do?origin=ls_banner_popup_1

A chance for everyone to see Scott Brown before he turns world class. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

eirebhoy wrote:

A chance for everyone to see Scott Brown before he turns world class. ;)

Is he moving to another league?

kdjac

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Is Nakamura the best player in the world yet?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

between him and kaka at the minute alright ;)

Watch Celtic on Wednesday and make up your own minds on the players. I don't know how you couldn't be dying to see Brown and Naka, and Donati (and McGeady from an Irish point of view) after the praise they've been getting recently. I'm actually being serious there. Surely you want to see what the hype is about, for Scott Brown in particular? :)

Please watch the match as it'd be interesting to get thoughts from the neutrals. I certainly don't think I overrate Celtic players, as long as you know when I'm being sarcastic. Maybe Balde was just a little overrated a few years ago. :D I definitely do believe Brown will be world class though. I don't think I've ever said that about a young Scottish player tbh. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

I am looking forward to watching Scott Brown if it makes you feel better :P

Cheers! ;) I look forward to your thoughts.

Today's Scottish Herald:
    Brown is an all-rounder of boundless energy. A ubiquitous presence, he has the uncanny instinct for the thick of the action and his abrasive style and endeavour has instantly endeared him to the support.

It is no exaggeration to suggest he could become as popular a figure at Celtic Park as Henrik Larsson

i'll have a watch too, my mates are always giving me stick for never watching celtic matches with them, wednesday be the perfect time. he better not disappoint! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,659 ✭✭✭The Rooster

eirebhoy wrote:
    Cheers! ;) I look forward to your thoughts.
    Hopefully he won't miss any sitters like he did in the first leg!

Takes the ball round the keeper (after super work by McGeady) leaving an empty net to knock into, but then stops because he thought he was offside and didnt want to get a second yellow for kicking the ball away (so he said anyway!) giving the keeper time to recover. It was a real Scottish football moment! But good luck to him and Celtic.

Yeah, I don't believe him when he said he didn't shoot because he feared a 2nd booking though. :) Anyway, I can't imagine Neil Lennon running one length of the pitch to the other in the last few minutes of a game. :D

What I like about the Donati-Brown partnership is neither player is assigned the holding role. They're doing what England tried to do with Gerrard-Lampard but this partnership has been succesful, albeit in a shíte league.

For now Eirebhoy, lets not get carried away :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭odonnell

eirebhoy wrote:
    Yeah, I don't believe him when he said he didn't shoot because he feared a 2nd booking though. :) Anyway, I can't imagine Neil Lennon running one length of the pitch to the other in the last few minutes of a game. :D

What I like about the Donati-Brown partnership is neither player is assigned the holding role. They're doing what England tried to do with Gerrard-Lampard but this partnership has been succesful, albeit in a shíte league.

oi! at least we have a league! :p

rangers game on bbc scotland tonight for those with a sky dish.

• Advertisement

lets not get carried away :)
    :D I'm certainly not saying they're anywhere near the standard of Gerrard and Lampard but it's very rare to have a partnership like this. Vieira and Petit at Arsenal were successful with it. You look at any other team and all them have one player assigned the role of sitting. I liked the Frings-Ballack partnership. When Frings got forward Ballack stayed back but Frings got forward a couple of times in a game.

from wat i've seen of Donati, and been told by (real) Celtic fans, he is a bit wasteful with the ball and gives it away quite a lot?

(and eirebhoy, lets be honest, they're probably both better than lampard :))

from wat i've seen of Donati, and been told by (real) Celtic fans, he is a bit wasteful with the ball and gives it away quite a lot?
    Certainly not "wasteful" but he has given it away a bit. In Italy he had all the space in the world. As long as you don't go within 35 yards of the opponents goal you're allowed do what you want in Serie A. He just has to get used to being pressurised all the time.

odonnell wrote:
    oi! at least we have a league! :p
    There's a league in Ireland aswell. Two on the island in fact. Not many Irish people know about it.

You may have heard of a team from it, Shelbourne.

http://www.shelshomepage.net/images/smallpicsandhtml/shels3.jpg

:D

don't mind him o'donnell-they're **** anyway ;)

DesF wrote:
    There's a league in Ireland aswell. Two on the island in fact. Not many Irish people know about it.

You may have heard of a team from it, Shelbourne.

http://www.shelshomepage.net/images/smallpicsandhtml/shels3.jpg

:D

*sigh*

I really dont know why i do this to myself....

• Advertisement

odonnell wrote:
    *sigh*

I really dont know why i do this to myself....

:)

Actually, I know a couple of Shels lads who travelled last season for the Derry City/Gretna match, and bought Rangers shirts.

That pic I posted was from our 'home leg' which was played in Tranmere, were you there?

DesF wrote:
    :)

Actually, I know a couple of Shels lads who travelled last season for the Derry City/Gretna match, and bought Rangers shirts.

That pic I posted was from our 'home leg' which was played in Tranmere, were you there?

Shels lads wearing gers strips - something id like to see heh.

Prenton park wasnt it? Nah mate i wasnt there unfortunately.... i think we went on to win something like 5-3 or so on aggregate though didnt we? Real shocker that one though...

odonnell wrote:
    Shels lads wearing gers strips - something id like to see heh.

Prenton park wasnt it? Nah mate i wasnt there unfortunately.... i think we went on to win something like 5-3 or so on aggregate though didnt we? Real shocker that one though...
    That game finished 3-5 to your lot.

it was 2-0 in Ibrox, to make it 7-3 overall.

ah thats right.... it was a long time ago and my memory fades when it comes to uefa cup runs :) big game tonight though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

ziggy67 wrote:
    Didn't some Shels player inexplicably jump up and punch the ball twice in that first game? :confused:
    I have no memory of that night after the point in time of that photograph I posted. :)

Advertisement