Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Healing a side piece

Options
  • 08-08-2007 10:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭

I'm getting a side piece done next Saturday, I decided that the tat wouldn't fit very well inside my arm, and I'm just wondering about healing it. So far the tattoos I've gotten recently have been small enough and easy to wrap in cling film and the older ones were just covered in tissue but I'm wondering about my side.

Will I have to wrap my whole torso for a couple of days or will it do to just tape some cling film over the tat?

Also when I booked it I said that I wanted it inside my arm, should I let the artist know that I've changed my mind and want it done on my side?

I dunno if it makes a difference to him or not and I'd rather not ask if I'm going to look like a plank :/

God bless the anonymity of t'internet.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

when i got my tattoo done i took the cling film off after a few hours, let it breath a bit then moisturised it. Didnt bother putting anymore cling film over it, just left it as it was. healed fine

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Cling film and masking tape are your friends...

I'd say moisturise and let it breathe like Wilburt said, but when you're dressing/going to bed, clingfilm it up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,196 ✭✭✭Crumble Froo

*winces*

i remember not having any masking tape, and just using duct tape for mine...

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭The_Scary_Man

Cheers lads, I'd be rightly ****ed off if it was it was affected by my clothes rubbing on it.

just wear loose fitting BLACK clothes :)

• Advertisement

if in fact you should put the tattoo in contact with clothes that were brightly coloured and didnt belong to some hot chick... the tattoo would immediately warp and mutate horrifically.

what are you on about!?

edit: i get it now...i think o.0

emm....

if you didnt get me... im not even gonna try explain... we'll just leave that one there...

*awkward*

lol I get it ....I think,the bit about the hot chick threw me though.

I actually blushed a little when I read the 'explanation'.

argh, i was just amused by wil's insistence that it had to be *black* clothes... and i just had this image of the tattoo mutating if any clothes that werent black were to be brushed against it, but then figured, damn, thats no good for your karma wiht the ladies, so i made allowances for hot chick's clothes rubbin off it even if they were brightly coloured....

oh dear... and you people are going to get drunk with me on saturday :eek::o

• Advertisement

I shall get "socially drunk" with ya... lol

haha, socially drunk, i can do! havent been *out* drinking in so long. used to go fibbers every thursday up till march, then i went to nz, and by the time i got back i was working, and my mates were doing exams and then moving back down the country instead of living in dublin like normal people, so i just drink at home now. really excited about going *out* drinking on saturday! :D

Lol! By "Socially drunk"... I meant I don't drink, but as those around me get drunker, the worse I behave too... :D

hehe, awesome! that was me for a long time too! as a matter of curiosity, do you smoke (anything) to relax, or are you just plain straight edge that way?i totally respect anyone who doesnt drink, but the reasons i know vary from the christian one, to the rather get stoned one, to a few in between, so im just curious :)

and most people cant tell when im drunk until im absolutely completely legless, which rarely happens cos i hold my drink good (most of the time. given the fact that i havent slept properly in over 3 weeks... hmmm... we'll see how it goes... )... but yay! hehe, im really lookin forward to my outing tomorrow night :D

Nope, nothing to relax, I'm just me and I'm enough of a header that I dont need anything! ;):D

My reason: After surgery on my pituitary gland back at the end of 99, my body cant handle alcohol at all. One drink and I'm puking for 2-3 days and cant keep anything down. So I havent had a drink in 7.5 years!

Well I got it done yesterday. Now I can understand why people get pissed off when the question "Do tattoos hurt?" comes up. Yes they ****ing hurt! They hurt a lot!

Still though it's worth it in the end ;)

l_d865112c53ee0bb84d77e2466e2e599b.jpg

I'm delighted with the result, can't wait till it heals up :)

very cool :cool:

Cheers Narco :)

My whole torso is wrapped up now coz I'm in work and I don't want my belt rubbing on the tat. I'll take it off when I get home, shower and let it breathe for a couple of hours.

I'll wrap myself up like a chicken salad sandwich again before I hit the sack.

My breathing is a bit constricted but I'm just trying to look at it as a poor man's form of high altitude training :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Fuuuccckkk man!
    That is a class piece, what does it mean?
    Who did it for you?

pop a nurofen or two nd youl be sorted, its an anti inflammatory too so itl reduce swelling. lovely piece, very nice, same spot as my own ink

• Advertisement

GaRtH_V wrote:
    Fuuuccckkk man!
    That is a class piece, what does it mean?
    Who did it for you?

Cheers :D It's Saccidananda in Sanskrit.
    Satchitananda is a compound of three Sanskrit words, Sat (सत्), Cit (चित्), and Ānanda (आनंद) (the ā is of longer vocal length), meaning True Being, Pure Consciousness and Bliss respectively. The expression is used in Yoga and other schools of Indian philosophy to describe the nature of Brahman as experienced by a fully liberated yogin. Orthography may differ depending on whether the word is treated in its compound form and therefore subject to sandhi: saccidānanda, or split into its elements: sat-cit-ananda, sac chid ananda, etc. The compound always sounds like: Sach-chid-ānanda, regardless of spelling.

Saccidānanda may be understood as the energetic state and 'stuff' of non-duality, a manifestation of our spiritually natural, primordial and authentic state (sahaj or compare nirmanakaya) which is comparable in quality to that of deity.

A yogic understanding of saccidānanda is when the nadis and chakras are completely open and the sublte prana energetic systems of the body are in balance. Alternatively, that is when Shiva and shakti kundalini have established union and are grounded in the body of the practitioner. In yoga, saccidānanda may happen fleetingly or for short periods and may also happen spontaneously. Many Hindu sects share the understanding that through dilligent practice of spiritual disciplines these short states may be lengthened, with the goal to reside perpetually within saccidānanda. Manifestations of abiding in saccidānanda may be referred to as: ananda (bliss) or divine ecstacy, contentment (santosha), peace (shanti), sartori, samadhi, sabija, and/or nirvana amongst others.

The above describes it better than I ever could :) The point of getting it in negative is that the word itself is nothing but a pointer or label for something that's beyond description.

Raul in Smiley Dogg did it for me, kept me talking for the worst bits too, to keep my mind off it :D

I'm going to get the Mani Mantra done on the other side at the same angle but in Tibetan script. The guy at www.inkessential.com will write the mantra in it's sacred dimensions so that reading the mantra is as powerful as chanting it. I've been thinking of getting this done for a while now, there are another couple of elements to it but they're going to be a while off yet hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Raoul is a legend :) and that tattoo is fantastic

Just...

wow!

Looks fantastic man, really really well done! And I really like the idea of having it in negative!

Advertisement