Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Trolling the Derevaragh for Trout.

Options
  • 08-08-2007 10:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Need some advice here, I was trolling the Derevaragh for trout there a while back about Wednesday last week, I was trying all sorts of Tasmanian Devils and Rapalas.

I think there may be a problem with depth though, because fish sit at the bottom and my lures only diving 2 Metres MAX, and the depth goes from 12m to about 20m so I'm not sure if the fish can see the lures?

Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks in advance...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

heh theres feck all trout in derrevarragh

Go to owel

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ttyllol

lol what about owel? what's the depth like? what would you use? I'd be trolling too (crap at fly lol) thanks mate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,756 ✭✭✭demanufactured

Where do you live???
    I fish lough ree alot for trout , raalas , 7cm , rainbow trout/brown tout , jointed and regular floating , tassie devils , lane minnows.

If your around in late september i could bring you out for a day on lough ree , i dont normally fish for trout at this time of year as the Pike start to get active and they are my main quarry most times of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 202 ✭✭bribren2001

heh theres feck all trout in derrevarragh

Go to owel
    Fact!
    zero trout in derravaragh!

Feck all trout there either, half of em died as they were not properly acclimatised(sp?)

Lene or sheelin for a big fish!

Advertisement