Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed on IT Courses

Options
  • 08-08-2007 10:56am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi Everyone,

I am 21 female i am working on an IT Support Helpdesk at the moment and i dont know alot about IT, I know just the basics about Computers i want to start studying IT and get a better unstanding of it all, wat course do you think i should do first, in other words were do i start, please help

Thanks
    lvfn

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Try the A+ Comptia exam... it covers the basics of IT support. You'll find numerous threads about it here... should get you started on the right track.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 lOVEFUSION

Kali wrote:
    Try the A+ Comptia exam... it covers the basics of IT support. You'll find numerous threads about it here... should get you started on the right track.

Ill take a look thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

I'd add Network+ and MCP 70-270 (Windows XP Administration) or the MCDST one (cant remember the number, it emphasises troubleshooting whereas 270 is more about XP as a Domain member, but 270 is a valid elective for the MCSE whereas the MCDST certs are not so it's a bit more useful long term).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭unnameduser

_CreeD_ wrote:
    I'd add Network+ and MCP 70-270 (Windows XP Administration) or the MCDST one (cant remember the number, it emphasises troubleshooting whereas 270 is more about XP as a Domain member, but 270 is a valid elective for the MCSE whereas the MCDST certs are not so it's a bit more useful long term).
    271 and 272

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

lOVEFUSION wrote:
    Hi Everyone,

I am 21 female i am working on an IT Support Helpdesk at the moment and i dont know alot about IT, I know just the basics about Computers i want to start studying IT and get a better unstanding of it all, wat course do you think i should do first, in other words were do i start, please help

Thanks
    lvfn

How much do you know at the moment?

• Advertisement
Advertisement