Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Surf in Andalusia, Spain

Options
  • 08-08-2007 11:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭

Anyone surfed in Andalusia, Spain?

Magicseaweed turned up this http://www.winterwaves.com/so-far.php

They say they rent boards and suits for only 50stg per week.

I'm going over there in September, driving (rental) and camping.

Any recommendations on beaches, campsites and where to rent gear?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 321 ✭✭CPT. SURF

Ive been through there surfing a few times. I would recommend Conil de la Frontera as a place to stay. The best surfing beach is just outside of town and is called "El Palmar". Its a big beach so there will be plenty of room for you. You can rent what you need, but I always bring my own gear anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 783 ✭✭✭learnerplates

Thanks Captain,
    Looks like a good spot alright.
    Can you tell me if a wetsuit would be required in September?

Any ideas on the price of rental? I've heard 75p/w or 25daily

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,424 ✭✭✭joejoem

Thanks Captain,
    Looks like a good spot alright.
    Can you tell me if a wetsuit would be required in September?

Any ideas on the price of rental? I've heard 75p/w or 25daily

I'm just back from Spain, we didnt need wetsuits but from what I had heard it is to get colder. I would bring a summer suit for prolonged sessions

If any of you guys have recommendations on what beaches to hit, towns to stay near, drives,campsites things to avoid I'd be very appreciative!

What about bringing the board with me on Ryanair, how much does it cost? I'd probably be safer renting one for a few days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭paulie.walnuts

I’ve been to a good few surf trips abroad and have brought my board on all of these.

The advantage is that you have your own board which you’re used to and not some sh1t of a thing that has been thrown about by tourists.

The big disadvantage is the grief of moving a board about and the risk of damage in transit (you will sign a waiver to relinquish any rights you have in the event of it being damaged). If you pack it well with cardboard along the rails and extra cardboard at the nose and tail you will prob be fine. (With a good travel bag of course). Don’t forget to remove the fins and leash also.

Financially you need to work out if the transit (prob eu50 each way) offsets the rental cost.
    Have a great trip either way!

• Advertisement

Paulie,
    I'm not that fussy really, would just like to get out in the water now, ryanair website (this page found through google) http://www.ryanair.com/site/EN/faqs.php?sect=CHARGES
    states the charge for sports equipment in 22.50 - 30 euro per item.
    I don't have a board bag however, I guess it's recommended to have one before handing the board over to the baggage boys.

Advertisement