Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Firefox 2.0.0.6 problem

• 08-08-2007 11:15am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭

Since I upgraded to firefox 2.0.0.6 it won't connect to any web pages. IE and all my other applications are fine. I turned off the firewall to see if that was causing the problem but still no joy, anyone have an idea as to what the prob is? I'm on XP, any help greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

Start with a fresh profile.

Go into
    C:\Documents and Settings\your user name\Application Data\Mozilla\

And move the files/folder with that onto the desktop or somewhere else.

When you start Firefox it will automatically create a fresh profile, if you look in the folder you moved you will find a bookmarks.html which you can re import your bookmarks from.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,121 ✭✭✭dajaffa

I tried that, also tried re-installing, I'm completly stumped, + I hate IE!

Well that is odd well uninstall completely just to be sure (backup your bookmarks).

Uninstall Firefox now once finished delete the Mozilla folder I pointed out above, now go into program files and delete the Mozilla Firefox folder after that there will be no settings from your previous Firefox retained.

Go download Firefox 2.0.0.6 and install & see how it turns out.

Still no change, I think its a secret plot by mircrosoft to make me use IE :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

When you uninstall, not everything gets removed and a corrupt profile can cause this kind of issue. Make sure to fully delete the three folders:
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Application Data\Mozilla
    C:\Documents and Settings\username\Local Settings\Application Data\Mozilla
    C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox
    and back up your bookmarks first. Useing the extension Foxmarks to automatically back them up is also a good idea when you get going again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/faq.html - look at the option for safemode

On Windows, start using the "Safe Mode" shortcut created in your Start menu or by running firefox.exe -safe-mode

http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile
    Enter firefox.exe -ProfileManager and press OK.

Neither worked, I'm just lost. I've tried a system restore, adding another user account, nothing seems to work. Incidentally my adobe updater seems to be blocked, but I'd tried turning off the firewall but that did nothing.

Very weird, tried running a virus/spyware scan just in case like something is acting as a proxy server in the background.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,407 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Are you sure you don't have a proxy setup in IE ? ( unlikely )

also check your firewall settings perhaps you installed it recently and it's blocking some apps ?

I ran an AVG scan, + I've tried it without the firewall on + nothing. I've been meaning to format my HD at some stage anyway so hopefully when I do that it'll be ok afterwards...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 sealion

I am having same problem on my Win2k box, but on Vista it works fine.
    I tried reverting to 2.0.0.5, which worked fine.
    Re-Upgraded to 2.0.0.6, same problem.
    Fresh install (after uninstall) of 2.0.0.6 gave same problem.

Current solution is to continue to use 2.0.0.5, but I am concerned with the hole that 2.0.0.6 fixes being exploited....

dajaffa, which OS is it on?

sealion wrote:
    Current solution is to continue to use 2.0.0.5, but I am concerned with the hole that 2.0.0.6 fixes being exploited....
    NoScript is your friend.
    AdBlock is good too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,530 ✭✭✭CptSternn

I had a similar issue after upgrading to 2.0.0.6 on a few websites, but found clearing the cookies solved the issue.

-S

Advertisement