Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fees for this september?

Options
  • 08-08-2007 11:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭

Well folks, does anyone know generally what date the fees are due for this semester? Am I right in saying its typically about €800? I just realised I need to start saving before heading back! Cheers

Comments

I think it's gone up to €825.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Nutty

They are usually due either Friday of orientation week or Friday Week 1 cant really remember they might push it out a little bit this year seen as we are back that little bit earlier

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

Nutty wrote:
    They are usually due either Friday of orientation week or Friday Week 1 cant really remember they might push it out a little bit this year seen as we are back that little bit earlier

i assume 1st years start on the 10th but is there anywhere that says this for definite? also if this is the case is this also the first day you can move into on campus?

sorry for hijacking thread

no all students are back on 10th first years start the 4th..... you can find the whole calendar on ul website if you search for it .. we have like 5 weeks off with xmas and a week for easter .. exam pre-xmas and finish up week early in summer i think

Nutty wrote:
    no all students are back on 10th first years start the 4th

there goes any chance of work getting a months notice:rolleyes:

• Advertisement

If you tell them tomorrow you will be giving them a months notice techinically if you dont want any holidays........that is though

Nutty wrote:
    If you tell them tomorrow you will be giving them a months notice techinically if you dont want any holidays........that is though

ye but i dont know if im in college till the 20th they know if i get in im gone so it shouldnt be a problem i jsut thought id be able to do sum days in september so i get a pay cheque at the end of september

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

you could explain that you'll need to finish up in a month pendina a place at UL otherwise you can work for longer??

First years start the 4th of september?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,650 ✭✭✭cooperguy

First years start the 4th of september?
    Ya they do. You should get a letter though because the different departments start on different days. You'll be starting between Tuesday the 4th and Thursday the 6th(Im 1 of those yellow shirted Orientation guides so you can trust me:D).

Oh and the fees in total come to €895 (im sure ye all got the letter at this stage) Now all I have to do is try find that money!! I dont get a grant and have to pay for it all myself so every year this is painful. Im not some fúckin rich guy im an average student I want a grant :mad:

• Advertisement

i got a letter this morning it says on-campus accomadation check in day is sunday the 2nd so it would appear that the term for first years would start the next week aswell

ot; iv just been asked to go to england for 4 weeks all expences paid plus a grade up in salary to do training for my company but i cant due to college.............the cao better offer me a place next week :cool:

ahhhhhhh the 4th is sooooo early!!!! Well.. if I do get in.. Ill be the incredibly confused and lost looking person.. I dont know anyone else going to UL.. woooo!

And all iv gotten so far.. is a letter about confirming accomodation.. meh.

And the fees.. are nothing compared to the accom! Tis crazy!

ahhhhhhh the 4th is sooooo early!!!! Well.. if I do get in.. Ill be the incredibly confused and lost looking person.. I dont know anyone else going to UL.. woooo!

limerick is the cheapest place for a student to live...............unles you go on campus in ul but fk it it should be well worth it

although my mate was paying 65euro a week in limerick city last year for a nice enough place and 85 a week this year for a lovely apartment but there is plenty of time for being sensible later

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 truegreen

You'll learn really quickly how to naviagate yourself around campus. UL is so well laid out...believe me I have the worst sense of direction in the world but even I can manage not to get lost in UL :)

I'm starting first year in UL this year too (transferring from UCD) but I spent quite a lot of time in UL this year so I don't have to worry about geting used to the place and people. Luckily UL has the greatest students on earth :p Ha, I know that sounds a bit cliche and seriously, 99% of people are really friendly and UL has a real community vib, unlike UCD! Can't wait for Orientation week and Freshers week... :D

Campus accom is sooo expensive, but well worth it I reckon, once you take into account all the advatages it gives you (esp in first year!).

Hope ya got your first choice btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Well.. if I do get in.. Ill be the incredibly confused and lost looking person.. I dont know anyone else going to UL.. woooo!
    Most people tend to look incredibly confused and lost in the first few days so I wouldn't worry about it.

Having been an orientation guide a few years the ones I feel sorry for are the ones whose parents try to come around with the orientation group for the day. The few times I was faced with that when I was doing it, I generally took the parents aside and gently told them to sod off (it's hard enough being new without dragging a family behind you for the first day).

erm just to let you know freshers week in UL is orientation week .. but every week is a party whether it be in the stables/lodge/mollys/trinity rooms/no mor disco/sinbinning etc etc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 goth_detective

cant wait to go :D:D

ill be gettin my grant so ill be happy out :D

never been properly round UL before so if ya see a completely lost person...thats me lol!!! :D

Advertisement