Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Mustang

Options
  • 08-08-2007 11:43am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Does anyone know how much VRT approx i would have to pay on a 2005 Ford mustang 4,6 ltr ??

or does anyone know the book value of a 2005 Ford mustang

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

No idea what that'd cost - like most US-market cars it does not appear on the Revenue's online calculator. Give the VRO in Rosslare a ring to find out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

Thats an older model than the '05 though, prices might not be as representative.

2005-ford-mustang.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

They're a beautiful machine. I rented a brand spanker convertible when I was in California in June. I was an unbelievable machine. the hum off it when cruising at 30 mph and in particular stopped at traffic lights was music to the ears! I almost cried when I gave it back!

I had a look at the prices and I reckon I could have got an '06 model for about $23,000. But I assumed that the VRT would be more than double that amount making a very costly purchase :mad:

I never got around to ringing the VRT office ........

• Registered Users Posts: 7,012 ✭✭✭Wossack

you not find the inside a bit weak? kinda sucks when you start recognising wiper controls etc from an old focus :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭Max_Damage

testicle wrote:

Mustang's should only have a V8 in them. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,135 ✭✭✭flanzer

Wossack wrote:
    you not find the inside a bit weak? kinda sucks when you start recognising wiper controls etc from an old focus :(

That was indeed true. My Dad has a Focus and I did notice that a few of the knobs were quite similar, but I was able to see past that!.....the Mustang horse on that gorgeous steering wheel, the clocks on the dashboard and the roar and hum of the engine made me feel I was driving one special car.

The ride was a bit bouncey also while the cornering was a bit mentally dangerous. The speedo only went up to 110/120 mph if I can remember correctly which only implies that the Mustang isn't made to race but made to cruise and wouldn't really suit most of our roads.

I got it in red also just to make the experience all the worthwhile!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

I had a rental convertible and thought it was a heap of junk!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,499 ✭✭✭blobert

I don't think the VRT will be that huge on it but I think fuel consumption and insurance might be.

It would be a fun car though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

I was genuinely looking at bringing in a Rouch tuned Mustang from the UK earlier this year (until I got the quote from the VRT office)

The cost for a 2007 model was about 50k sterling and they wanted 26 thousand.....YES that's TWENTY SIX THOUSAND euro VRT.....plus 21% VAT.

I know that is for a tuned 500 bhp model on a new plate but if ya gonna buy a Mustang ya might as well get a fast one :D:D (Even the standard GT versions are sluggish).

I would suggest that if you do go for one that you would buy a second hand one from the UK, there are plenty of them over there and they will be right hand drive. If you bring one in from the US yourself it will be left hand drive and as it's from outside the EU you will be hit with 21% VAT on top of your VRT bill.

• Advertisement

I was genuinely looking at bringing in a Rouch tuned Mustang from the UK earlier this year (until I got the quote from the VRT office)

The cost for a 2007 model was about 50k sterling and they wanted 26 thousand.....YES that's TWENTY SIX THOUSAND euro VRT.....plus 21% VAT.

I know that is for a tuned 500 bhp model on a new plate but if ya gonna buy a Mustang ya might as well get a fast one :D:D (Even the standard GT versions are sluggish).

I would suggest that if you do go for one that you would buy a second hand one from the UK, there are plenty of them over there and they will be right hand drive. If you bring one in from the US yourself it will be left hand drive and as it's from outside the EU you will be hit with 21% VAT on top of your VRT bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,316 ✭✭✭lafors

3ps wrote:
    I had a rental convertible and thought it was a heap of junk!

Snap!
    Handling was terrible. Loud, thats the only nice thing I've to say about it.

Sorry OP :o

Each to their own though, if you like it thats the most important thing in a car :)

Sorry about the double post above...... I meant to stick this link in to show you what I was looking at getting.....(Get ready to Droooolllll.....)

http://www.importmyvehicle.com/parts/US/2005mustanggtmuscle0035vd.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

Sweet baby jesus, but it! ;), thats one sick ride :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Cheaper from Germany?

Cheaper from Germany but steering wheel is on wrong side....will add to cost of insurance and is a pain in the backside to drive over here.

Irish roads can be hazardous enough when you are sitting on the right side!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

keefg wrote:
    Sorry about the double post above...... I meant to stick this link in to show you what I was looking at getting.....(Get ready to Droooolllll.....)

http://www.importmyvehicle.com/parts/US/2005mustanggtmuscle0035vd.jpg
    Does Robin come as standard? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

After seeing them both in person, IMO the Charger is the nicer:
    16f3_3.JPG

Also sickingly cheap in its homeland!

I never knew they made the new model Mustangs in RHD flavour :)

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭electric69

they are dirt cheap over here.saw an 03 mustang for 3900 yesterday. all you need is your wifebeater top, your confederate flag and a few slaps across the back of your neck and u could easily blend in as one of the locals.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,470 ✭✭✭DonJose

Stephen wrote:
    I never knew they made the new model Mustangs in RHD flavour :)
    Theres a couple of car shops in the UK that do LHD to RHD conversions.

http://www.angloamericanautos.co.uk/id7.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭vengeance52

i wouldnt ming a RHD Charger myself. saw some of em when i was in san fran awhile ago.

Brothers just back from the states, him and a few of his buddies rented a charger. He says the suspension and steering are utterly horrible. But on the plus side the engine is lovely.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭tvr

If anyones importing anything ad a comaro in the container for me. bargain for less than 30000 dollars.

chevrolet-camaro-concept-2006-712141.jpg

Anyone up for a group buy of camaros,chargers,mustangs. Do a group conversion aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭Hootie

The ford garage in Wexford has mustangs, drove them in the States before and like alot. Anyway I saw one driving around. The garage is Bolands Ford, might be worth giving them a ring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 93 ✭✭paulie.walnuts

V8 mustang is absolutely sick the noise of it alone is worth getting one.
    I live in the US and the charger is nice too but im not sure the fact that it's a saloon works well aesthetically, neither fowl not fish.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

Mustangs were popular because they were kind of the first cheap cars that everyone had. The revival of said car was supposed to spark nostalgia in the older driver who had one back in the day and since has been talked about in movies and whatnot making them world famous.

In reality it's a typical American design; get a massive juice guzzling high powered engine and decide it has to be a sports car. Add prehistoric brakes, suspention and you get a car that's amazingly quick for wide straight roads yet requires a parachute to slow down and as said one corner and it's welcome to the ditch.

Personally imo suiting it to a country with our crappy roads is not a good idea but if you plan to go ahead your going to have to take it very easy around here especially outside of the Pale.i'm not trying to knock your choice of car, it is different and it would be nice to see on the road but in all fairness it's not desgned or suited for here at all.

Just to ask what's the interior like? Is it typical US design with more buttons, flip switches and gizmos then a Rocket?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

DonJose wrote:
    Theres a couple of car shops in the UK that do LHD to RHD conversions.

http://www.angloamericanautos.co.uk/id7.html

where they not going to release the 06/07 model for the UK market at one point RHD and all? thought i remember reading it some place.

Just back from the Florida, bloody hell there's a lot of ponies on the roads there and a lot of chargers.

on the price i think the base model is mid $20000 or something and that chap in wexford is selling them for €60000+ i was sickened.

I nearly choked when i saw the price of the VRT but then it's calculated on the value of the car on the Irish market right and not what you pay for it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭layke

dade wrote:
    I nearly choked when i saw the price of the VRT but then it's calculated on the value of the car on the Irish market right and not what you pay for it?

Yup, you can get a Porche for €100 and pay a good few grand in VRT.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25 SDK

freezer wrote:
    Does anyone know how much VRT approx i would have to pay on a 2005 Ford mustang 4,6 ltr ??

or does anyone know the book value of a 2005 Ford mustang

https://www.ros.ie/VRTEnquiryServlet/showCarCalculator

This will calculate your VRT.

Advertisement