Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Mustang

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭3ps

layke wrote:
    Just to ask what's the interior like? Is it typical US design with more buttons, flip switches and gizmos then a Rocket?

Horrid. Cheap cheap horrid plastics with no soul. The interior is not styled to be a Mustang. It could be in any other car.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 freezer

:cool:

Well All
    Thanks to everybody for there help with my question. I have got some results but its not looking good.

I took a Ford mustang GT 2005 4.6ltr as an example

Cost to buy in the states = 20,000 dollers cost of shipping to Irl 2000Dollers Total cost in euro = 16,068 euro

1) Customs duty = 10% on cost and shipping = 17674.8 euro

2) VAT = 21% on cost shipping and customs =21386.50 euro

3) VRT on this car = 10,350 euro

Total cost of 31,736.5 euro

So a car that cost 14,609 euro in the states ends up double to bring to ireland whats the story with rip off ireland.

Note: I felt talking to the VRT people they pulled this figure out of there ass!!!

Thanks again for the replys but i could'nt give Gov another 10,000 for nothing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 freezer

Well All
    Thanks to everybody for there help with my question. I have got some results but its not looking good.

I took a Ford mustang GT 2005 4.6ltr as an example

Cost to buy in the states = 20,000 dollers cost of shipping to Irl 2000Dollers Total cost in euro = 16,068 euro

1) Customs duty = 10% on cost and shipping = 17674.8 euro

2) VAT = 21% on cost shipping and customs =21386.50 euro

3) VRT on this car = 10,350 euro

Total cost of 31,736.5 euro

So a car that cost 14,609 euro in the states ends up double to bring to ireland whats the story with rip off ireland.

Note: I felt talking to the VRT people they pulled this figure out of there ass!!!

Thanks again for the replys but i could'nt give Gov another 10,000 for nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 45,761 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

if it was RHD - i'd be bloody tempted at 30k tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,373 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Merged!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Considering the car I think €32k is not a bad "on the road" price, it is the same price as a normal family saloon.

Downsides are though that the V8 will rob you on petrol, insurance and tax. Could also be a problem finding someone who has worked on such a car before rather than letting some FAS apprentice at the local dealership have a go at it. Spare parts could also be expensive and lack of availability could mean that your car is off the road until they arrive. LHD might be problematic when using car parks, etc and there would be a very limited cliental waiting to buy it after you get tired of it.

Advertisement