Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alfa 156 or am I nuts

Options
124»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

whippet wrote:
    528i .. I remember your blinkered uberpanzer rants from motornet.ie years back......but as far as I remember you were driving an M5......

He's around for a while; I thought he was about 15!!!

As for him having an M5, according to his earlier posts he believes that 3 series beemers are V6's, not straight 6's. He missed the correction on this earlier, or simply ignored it.

OP; if I were you I'd just ignore 528i - he seems to be a bit full of bull, to say the least.

astraboy wrote:
    .....Other wise please go back to the BMWowners site where ye can stimulate each other..... :rolleyes:

PLEASE don't send this pleb to the BMW sites; it's bad enough that we have to endure him here!!! :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,034 ✭✭✭astraboy

Fey! wrote:
    He's around for a while; I thought he was about 15!!!

As for him having an M5, according to his earlier posts he believes that 3 series beemers are V6's, not straight 6's. He missed the correction on this earlier, or simply ignored it.

OP; if I were you I'd just ignore 528i - he seems to be a bit full of bull, to say the least.

I think your sig sums him up!:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,587 ✭✭✭kyote00

528: would you care to comment on the Honest Johns commentary on your chariot instead of diverting to personal attacks again...

Tell us more about you, please....

do you really have a 528 ? I bet you have it debadged ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,910 ✭✭✭✭RoundyMooney

Popcorn, anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

kyote00 wrote:
    Tell us more about you, please....

do you really have a 528 ? I bet you have it debadged ?
    Don't knock it, imaginary cars never break down.;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

BMW's do not have V6's fey, your incorrect assertions were addressed on page 2, or are you illiterate also ?

I've already commented on the Honest John survey as being largely irrelevant to the topic at hand kyote.

/sighs in disbelief

No more stupid people please.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

Popcorn, anyone?
    Nah, too passive. Got any rotten fruit?

hehe -- we have him down to 3 line replies now not the usual verbose ****e....

Now 540 (or sorry you got the smaller 528), repeat 100 times -- "Alfas are great, Alfas are great..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 473 ✭✭528i

4 lines you dum... ohh forgeddit :D

• Advertisement

Illiterate, no. Unwilling to sift through a lot of waffle, yes!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 190 ✭✭shakenbake

528i, I'm shocked at how arrogant and belittling you are to other posters. Is it fair to say that you likely don't have many/any friends? :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

I had a friend that had a 156, he bought it with 30k on the clock and was told by the garage he belt has to be changed at 38k or it WILL snap. He drove it to 48k with no problems. The belt then snapped and then it was the most unreliable car ever, "I'm never going to buy another Alfa" and he told everyone about it. If he had of got the work done there would of been no problem. there a car entusiasts car, they have to be looked after.

have a look on carzone and see the astronomical mileage rthe 156's reach. Theres plenty with 100k and even a couple with 160k

Besides there being a boot in the back and a different interior, is the 156 much different than the 147? I'm going to get one, reliability isnt the only factor to take into account when buying a car.

down to 1 line now great....

I wonder what the "i" in 528i stands for ? idiot perhaps or important ?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I think this thread has panned out in the same way most Alfa Romeo threads end up.

Might be time for the mods to kick this one into touch.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,665 ✭✭✭gary the great

Na its cool Bazz if everyone just gets back on topic. Id ike to know the differences between the 147 and 156 but dont want to start a new thread.
    if anyone can tell if theres a real difference other than cosmetics?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,834 ✭✭✭Sonnenblumen

alias no.9 wrote:
    I guess that shows how you much you know. Wouldn't get an avensis for €5k, how about the 47 of them lisetd here on cbg.ie, or the 86 here on carzone.ie, not to mention another 25 on autotrader

I'm still waiting for all the trouble on my €4,500 alfa that I've had for nearly 2 years. You'll have to call round and point out to me where exactly this trouble is, cos I can't find it for the life of me.
    The damn thing keeps starting whenever I turn the key. That can't be right according to sonnenblumen, the great expert on all things alfa.

Yeah I believe you, I really do have no experience of driving bangers or buckets!!

BTW I wouldn't have thought anyone would buy a 1999 Avensis with 100k+ on the clock, unless you were an ex-Alfie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Na its cool Bazz if everyone just gets back on topic. Id ike to know the differences between the 147 and 156 but dont want to start a new thread.
    if anyone can tell if theres a real difference other than cosmetics?

Thats the trouble though Gary with these threads is they don't stay on topic, the just spiral out of control into a pi$$ing contest.

The main differences between the 147 and 156 is size and the market they are aimed at. The 147 is smaller than the 156 and mainly competing with hatchbacks like the VW Golf, Ford Focus, etc.

The 156 is a larger saloon and competing with cars like the BMW 3 Series, Audi A4, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 925 ✭✭✭whosedaddy?

Larks' tongues. Wrens' livers. Chaffinch brains. Jaguars' earlobes. Wolf nipple chips. Get 'em while they're hot. They're lovely. Dromedary pretzels, only half a denar. Tuscany fried bats.....

Friend og mine always said BMW is a car for for certain type of people.. there seem to be isolated cases where she might be spot on...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭GTC

BMWs are dreadful cars. Nice to drive, but boring, they all look the same, electric shavers.

Lexus is a far better machine, well designed, flawless engines. Superb reliability.

German cars? Electric faults a plenty, the same as renault and all the other european cars. All soft rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,791 ✭✭✭prospect

bazz26 wrote:
    I think this thread has panned out in the same way most Alfa Romeo threads end up.

Might be time for the mods to kick this one into touch.

Sadly, I agree with this.

It is such a pity that one moron usually wants to come in and ruin a thread because they have some pathetic childish agenda.

Either way, Its Friday, it is a nice day and everything is good.

Gary, to get uninterrupted and accurate information on the differences between the 147 and 156, try alfaowner.com

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭TheCityManager

The 147 and 156 are totally different cars..Ive had both..same engines etc but road holding ride etc on 156 is far better as its a saloon. 147 being a hatch is a wee bit noisy..back suspension seems to jump about - I spent €'ssss on mine but could get rear suspension right :( Bought my 156 a few months old 01 1.6 7k, kept it for over 4 years, put up tons of miles 94k, did get timimg cahged twice but as delayed and delayed thrid chaneg as i was gonna get rid of....timing belt went, blew inlet manifold, was quoted €3500 to repair..ended up scraping and buyinh an A4. only kept A4 for few weeks - just wanted/needed another alfa so bought 147. moral of the story......Alfas are beautiful cars but if you are determined to have one be prepared for costly regular services/repairs/maintenance..othewise get a jap...
    Also I agree with previosu post..gerry Campbell TI auto in D7 is THE Alfa man in dublin..been using him with alfas for bout 18 years..if you own an Alfa give Gerry a shout.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭cjt156

Yet another one;

how many owners is that now? Great cars to drive but you have to look after them.

Oh and 528i, admit it you're really a 316i, compact...aren't you?:D

• Registered Users Posts: 675 ✭✭✭OKenora

Is he gone ????

Can we actually say something without permission now ?

Anyway...
    I've already commented on the Honest John survey as being largely irrelevant to the topic at hand kyote

Especially if it's saying your car is as big a shile of pite as the rest and destroying your whole argument.......

Alfa 156 diesels, one of the most reliable cars about engine wise, mechanically they have their weaknesses but all cars do (Audi with chocolate wishbones or example).

Alfa 156 petrol, depends on the owner, the one at the side of the m50 is usually the one that belongs to the guy who never checks his oil, water etc and only goes to the garage when the car stops running. Probably a pretty typical modern motorist but definitely not the type suited to owning an Alfa.

If the 156 petrol has been properly cared for and fully maintained there is no reason to worry about its reliability any more than any other second hand car.

• Registered Users Posts: 231 ✭✭yellow012

redman wrote:
    Ignore 528i he is only winding every one up.
    Yup, I'm surprised ye all replied to his baiting, he is the biggest wind up merchant on Irish motoring forums. He's just trolling here:)

Advertisement