Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Account Problem

Options
  • 08-08-2007 11:58am
    Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭

A friend of mine is having a problem logging in with his account. He's tried requesting the password but it's coming up as an invalid email address. Could a friendly smod or admin have a look see?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Nothing wrong with the account as far as I can see, it's registered and ready to go.

Make sure he's using the boards@ email address to re-request his password?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 23,361 Mod ✭✭✭✭feylya

boards@ email address? Is that the one he's signed up with? If it's pointing to his domain, I don't think he'll get it. Can smod's change the address?

Yeah, he signed up with a boards@ email address - but not for the domain in his profile, for a different domain. Because this is technically public, I don't want to give out the full address.

Since the account is activated, I'm assuming that he does have access to the email address, or it's redirecting elsewhere.

Only admins can change the email address, though.

Ok, cheers Seamus. I'll get back to him with that.

It appears that he doesn't have access to that mailbox any more. Is there an email address that he can email to explain his situation?

• Advertisement

Urgh. An admin will definitely have to deal with it. Maybe try PM ecksor :)

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 10,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭ecksor

Did you drunkenly tell me at the boards beer that this was sorted?

I did :D

Advertisement