Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

photoshop question.

Options
  • 08-08-2007 11:59am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭

how can i create this black fade out over a picture like in this? :confused:

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

Yes it's simple... Well if you know how.

Make a new layer over your image.
    I'm not at my PC so i can only show you with other peoples images

look here
    photoshop-tools.gif

See the tool on the top left "Marquee" select it and then make a square over the area you want to add the fade to

Next select the gradient tool, 6 down on the right from the 1st image, If you see a paint bucket click and hold till you see something that looks the icon 6 down on the right in the 1st image

you will get a window like this photoshop-gradientpopup.png

Select one end of the scale Black (click one of the colours on the under neat the colour bar, on the other end select the top colour thing and make the opticity 0% (see tru)

Now go back to your image and click inside the box you made and drag a line out,, If should work

Sorry if you cant understand this.. would be alot easier if i was at my own PC.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

I would have said ... use a mask ...

hit d ... hit x ... (changes your colors to black and white)

click the paint bucket tool if you see that and hold it down and you should get the option to use the gradient tool

Click the mask button on the bottom of your layers pane ... and then

click and drag wiht the mouse ... holding down shift keeps the gradient in a straight line while you're doing it ...

enjoy the fruits of your labour :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

thanks never, i was trying your tips yesterday and was doing good, but i can't get the "Gradient Editor" window?, i did have it and one stage, but now i can't find it :o...

:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,330 ✭✭✭NeVeR

sorry to get the editor do this.

When you select it on the menu above it will also appear at the top of the screen. Double click it and it will load.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 377 ✭✭( . )( . )

cool, thank you never. I managed to do the black fade over an image :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 65 ✭✭emmet14

ive been wanting to this for a long time. thanks a million. works great

Advertisement