Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Joining the army

Options
  • 08-08-2007 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17

does anyone know when the next recruiting will be on as im interested in joining the army, thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

sor10 wrote:
    does anyone know when the next recruiting will be on as im interested in joining the army, thanks[/QUOTE contact the pms office in collins bks cork they,ll give you the info you need the number is in the government listings in the phone book just look for the dept of defence page

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,430 ✭✭✭testicle

contact the pms office in collins bks cork they,ll give you the info you need the number is in the government listings in the phone book just look for the dept of defence page

What does a compter system have to do with recruiting?

Where do you want to join up? Ring the nearest Manpower Office.

http://www.military.ie/careers/info_centres.htm

testicle wrote:
    What does a compter system have to do with recruiting?

Where do you want to join up? Ring the nearest Manpower Office.

http://www.military.ie/careers/info_centres.htm
    pms stands for "P"ersonnel "M"anagement "S"ection and yes it is also the main computer system for that section also

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Hard Larry

Personnel Management Section (PMS) is now known as Enlisted Personnel Manpower Office (EPMO)

They must have changed it after you put that "Ex" in your name :D

EDIT: in hindsight it is actually Enlisted Personnel Management Section I best change it now in the event of some smug b*stard (Like myself) coming back to haunt me.....but to those smug b*stards i'll just say this, it was Command Manpower when I rang them :D

Hard Larry wrote:
    Personnel Management Section (PMS) is now known as Enlisted Personnel Manpower Office (EPMO)

They must have changed it after you put that "Ex" in your name :D
    suppose!! some Lt probably got a pip for coming up with the "new" name!! thats all there good for officers, hey Sor10 by the way if you do decide to join up in the army in the southern brigade just hope you don,t get kickham bks clonmel because that run up the mountain to the cross over looking clonmel is one hell of a bastard to run to!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 636 ✭✭✭Flying

sor recruiting is ongoing now in the army as the lads said contact the manpower section for the brigade your in.

Also remember the PT Test and your level of fitness should be at the required standard before applying so get training pronto.

Also your coming into the winter so it will be pretty hard is you enter a platoon in the next few months as the weather could be dire.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Two Stripes

Flying wrote:
    Also your coming into the winter so it will be pretty hard is you enter a platoon in the next few months as the weather could be dire.

I would nearly prefer to do rec training in the winter. I was in a summer platoon and when we went on the ground the midgies everywhere it was head wrecking although I was one of the few lads that actually got a mossie net so I wasn't too bad some of the lads got eaten alive...

Advertisement