Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

New Safari Update

• 08-08-2007 12:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭

I had to laugh when I first downloaded the Beta (which was supposed to be fairly advanced but by no means a full realease).

I read about a security and slight Safari Update yesterday and pulled it to my workstation (Windows XP). It didn't even start before (Proxy issue seemed to make it crash).

Now it is fast, I mean real fast, I'm quite impressed. Give it a shot (on non-prod machines), the fonts just look glorious (better than IE7 even) and it renders like a demon.

A contendor?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

Safari renders fairly quickly alright but it looks hideous.
    (there was a thread on browsers locked here a while back and the moderator said that browsers aren't webmaster relevant or something, mmm)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,594 ✭✭✭forbairt

(there was a thread on browsers locked here a while back and the moderator said that browsers aren't webmaster relevant or something, mmm)

We got that cleared up ... sent the mod in question a PM .. and he unlocked it again ... as he just wasn't too sure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,514 ✭✭✭Rollo Tamasi

shower of bullies!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 209 ✭✭flangeman

Hideous? Are you sure? I had it side by side with FireFox and I thought it rendered beautiful, soft on the eye and the typefaces looked great.

Am I missing something?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,568 ✭✭✭ethernet

flangeman wrote:
    Hideous? Are you sure? I had it side by side with FireFox and I thought it rendered beautiful, soft on the eye and the typefaces looked great.

Am I missing something?
    Safari on Windows is inconsistent with iTunes -- just compare those tones of grey in both programs. They are different. Look at the minimise, maximise and close buttons in the title bar. Also different. Not forgetting how the File menu, Edit menu, etc. are nothing like that in iTunes.

Failing that, I like it ;).

• Advertisement
Advertisement