Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

scrapping End of life car

Options
  • 08-08-2007 12:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭

anyone know if any breakers yards in North Dublin would take an old car (for cash if possible) or how to dispose of an EOL car besides take the plates off and leave it at the side of the road

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭skibum

try www.jumbletown.ie
    you can shift just about any thing there, as long as it's free.

• Registered Users Posts: 327 ✭✭cps_goodbuy

Depends on the car, Either you pay them or they pay you, most probably you'll be paying. I don't suggest you abandon it on the roadside though :( what is the old banger?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭dade

what is the old banger?
    it's a 98 fiesta. b0ll0xed up the engine a year ago, tried looking for an engine before but had awful trouble locating one. as in i couldn't then the cost of installing it added to it :eek:

looked on car zone and they go from 1 - 4K and before the engine went i paid about 800 out on other repairs and so with the cost of an engine and the install and previous expenses i probably wouldn't make any money on a sale.

Advertisement