Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Insurance assessor coming out tomorrow

Options
  • 08-08-2007 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,670 ✭✭✭NiSmO

• Registered Users Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

it should be fairly straight forward hell see that the bumper needs to be replaced and he will check on his system the cost of that model bumper and make sure that is what your estimate says. he will/should then look for any other damage and cost that the same way.

he will also know how long it takes to replace a bumper and will have a set rate for labour per hour and he will make sure your estimate lines up with these figure also.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

when i was claiming for damage to my car there done by myself, QD offered me the cheque, or to pay it to their repairer...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,893 ✭✭✭patrickc

NiSmO wrote:

as i said i was offered one, but that was with quinn, it's up to the individual company id imagine

Its up to FBD...quinn are fast, thats how they give cheap premiums! FBD are known to be slow, so they may not just give you the cash, or it might not be economical to repair, and just write it off, in which case you'll get the value of the car.
    P.s your doing them a favour by fixing the bumper, otherwise it would not have been driveable and you could have gotten car hire or got CH off them...which means they have to pay out more !

• Registered Users Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭Fey!

I got paid by FBD directly, who left it up to me whether or not to repair the car at all. They were also very quick, and there was no BS.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Well Nismo, what happened?

• Advertisement
Advertisement