Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best lga775 Air cooler around.

Options
  • 08-08-2007 1:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭

Im a bit weary of buying a TT ultra 120 as i dont want a concave or convex base on it. And i dont really want to waste time lapping it. So what is the next best cooler out there? I've had a tuniq before and really liked it. But is there anything else out there worth considering. Bear in mind i plan to do alot of overclocking, and im not fussed on noise levels.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

The Zalman 9700 puts in a good showing at max fan speed however it's like 56dba at that speed but it's an easy to acquire cooler unlike some of the other brands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,401 ✭✭✭✭Anti

I was kind of hoping to stay away from zalman coolers. 1 reason is a few of them especially as the 9700 is not compatible with my board. I was hoing for something new maybe. Or just a plain heatpipe cooler that i can add a delta too or something like that. I have been looking at the titan amanda tec coolers. but i have a bad feeling about them.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

Anti wrote:
    I was kind of hoping to stay away from zalman coolers. 1 reason is a few of them especially as the 9700 is not compatible with my board. I was hoing for something new maybe. Or just a plain heatpipe cooler that i can add a delta too or something like that. I have been looking at the titan amanda tec coolers. but i have a bad feeling about them.

dont go near Tec air coolers they just dont work or perform near as well as heat pipe coolers i would recommend the tt ultra as even if concave it will still give ya quite a good temp compared to the zalaman.next best bet is the TT.

• Registered Users Posts: 590 ✭✭✭TonyM.

I have a ninja for sale?

Cheers tony, but im not after a ninja im afraid. I might have a look at that Coolermaster one with dual 120mm fans. Might strap on a few deltas :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭nibble

The Ultra 120 is really your best bet at the moment and the base is supposed to be convex, it makes better contact over the cores.

Well if i had a cpu to put it on....

:p

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

Go with the Tuniq tower 120. I did and was happy with it.
    Have one of those Thermaltake 120's as well thrown in a box..it was a pain in the ass to keep removing it everytime I changed something as it was too high for the motherboard tray.

nibble wrote:
    The Ultra 120 is really your best bet at the moment and the base is supposed to be convex, it makes better contact over the cores.

One of my cores is running 50c the rest are 46c in TAT. overclocked to 3300MHz. running two fans at 5v.

Anti wrote:
    Cheers tony, but im not after a ninja im afraid. I might have a look at that Coolermaster one with dual 120mm fans. Might strap on a few deltas :)

My only problem with the Ninja was the mounting system i prefer a backplate.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭papu

ANTI!!! WOOP coolermaster

http://www.caseking.de/shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=25_426&products_id=6268&osCsid=712ae2b4c51ef6d715545a506cada4c5

it looks so fooking cool , youll need a big asscase

its not as good as the tuniq tower but man ....your epenis will grow by at least 5 inches....:eek:

Advertisement