Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Got letter from Debt Coller for somebody else

Options
  • 08-08-2007 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,678 ✭✭✭

I got a letter in the post from a debt collector in London yesterday saing that I owed £899 sterling on a UK barcley card. I called the agency yesterday and they said it was for some person who had the same name as me and they matched my details that way. They told me this person lived at 2 addresses in the UK which I never lived at. They said they made a mistake and will delete me from their database. Is there anything else i should do. I am worried in case they do not do what they promised. They assued me they would.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Nope - I'd return the letter with "NOT KNOWN AT THIS ADDRESS" on it. Probably could have asked them for comfirmation of the correction they were making in writing when you were on the phone

Advertisement