Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a dog

Options
  • 08-08-2007 2:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭

hello every one. i never had a pet before, this is first time i want to get a dog. what sort of documents do i need to ask from the owner, for a 8 weeks old puppy? its microchiped. and do i need to register the dog some where?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,522 ✭✭✭✭fits

Crikey, we really need a 'things to consider when getting a dog' sticky.

Anyway, do you intend to show or breed the pup?
    If you intend breeding, have you researched that? (breeding really should be left to experts)
    If you dont intend to do either, you dont need papers.
    You'll need the pups vaccination records, presuming its been vaccinated.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭Niall06

Would you consider a rescue dog from a shelter instead of buying?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Have a look here http://www.dogsindistress.org/homes-needed.htm

And the ISPCA & DSPCA sites before buying. You might find what your looking for there, and save a dogs life in the process.

You should also visit http://dogsindistress.org/yabb/YaBB.pl (you'll beed to register) too. If you find a dog there, your not in Dublin and have no transport arrangements will most likely be made to get the dog to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭Glowing

A greyhound is also a good choice of pet. They're adorable, easy to care for and don't need as much exercise as you might think. They tend to sleep a lot and have a calm but affectionate temperament. There are also thousands of them in shelters around the country.

Try www.paws.ie if you're in the midlands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 51 ✭✭takumi

am not going to breed the pup, i do know i need to go through alot of medical check ups etc before doing so to get healthy litter , i will most likely spay it too. just needed to know if there are any documents i need . thanks for the information on rescue, i might concider rescueing one or two in the future.

• Advertisement
Advertisement