Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Team Event at the International Poker Open

• 08-08-2007 2:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭

Structure will be as follows;

6 players per team: €300 + €30 reg (€55 per player). Cash can be paid on the day but teams must be registered before Sept 1st into the IPO and all team captains must email stephen@pokerireland.ie with team details.

Each team will start with 6,000 points.

Teams will lose points as players from their teams are eliminated.

The team with the most points at the end will be declared the winner.

Prize-money will be divided up amongst 1st, 2nd and 3rd place teams.

Added to the prize-pool is over $2,500 in the form of buy-ins for each winning team member into the Mermaid 100k for four weeks of each player's choice.

Any questions please email stephen@pokerireland.ie

There is only one team registered so far with 6 team members. If they are the only team registered on Sept 1st they will simply receive the $2,500.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭C4Queen

ok,, since 80% of all staff from Mermaid are coming and also will play IPO we should really have a team .. BUT.. hmmm well to be dead honest some of them cant really play and definatley not tournament, so dead money on the run lads ... ;-)....

So if anyone want`s to join up in a C4Queen team let me know.

anna

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

I'm happy to put a team forward providing its painless. Which means no moaners and no no-showupers! Actually i have a few poker accounts online so i think transfering the money to me so it can 'rest' in my pokerstars account is the easiest confirmation. So if you want to be in my gang as that delightful paediophile used to sing, just make your X here.

(I'm hesitant about accepting Shane The Phantom Lord due to his fancy three bet continuation plays against taxi drivers on their 8th heineken. Also Dub Tony with his 'shove and hope' tactics on the first blinds! :D )

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭spoofingjam

i will defo have a team running in this stephen........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,039 ✭✭✭Theresalwaysone

Stephen,
    Gonna try get a team together will whack you an email in the next few.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,771 ✭✭✭carfax

Cheers lads,

I'm calling the deadline (for emails of team listings) Sept 1st right now but I understand that people will be looking for the right players.

Just send me an email if its getting close to Sept 1st and you want to get a team in.

I will announce a real deadline shortly......All members of your team players must be signed and paid up into the IPO before Sept 1st (we're taking cash now too so no worries there).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Des can I be in your gang PLease! Please! Please!

• Subscribers Posts: 32,856 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

If you are happy with my probable lack of drunkeness and 4 bet bluff shoves on taxi drivers, then I am available for your, or indeed any team Des. I have already registered, and I am an easy target.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,404 ✭✭✭Goodluck2me

Doc_farrell, cardshark202, Roundtower and Devore - call themselves boards reunited xxx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,860 ✭✭✭ditpoker

lloyd, find me 4 others....

couple of big guns there, Len the Fatboy Assassin (nice to win your own bounty again len) and Dom the Dominator. so need 3 more, rounders123 won't play as he's disgusted by team events. I'll ask musician this weekend, he's pretty solid, if he doesn't want to then i'll keep a jersey free for a non-internet player of my choosing. My mentor Paddy the Terminator Hicks will play so that leaves one seat free. I think you'll have to be over 30 to apply and we'll call ourselves the old fogeys. If you fit this ageist bias just pm me.

cheers len and Dom, i'm looking forward to this already.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 601 ✭✭✭C4Queen

couple of big guns there, Len the Fatboy Assassin (nice to win your own bounty again len) and Dom the Dominator. so need 3 more, rounders123 won't play as he's disgusted by team events. I'll ask musician this weekend, he's pretty solid, if he doesn't want to then i'll keep a jersey free for a non-internet player of my choosing. My mentor Paddy the Terminator Hicks will play so that leaves one seat free. I think you'll have to be over 30 to apply and we'll call ourselves the old fogeys. If you fit this ageist bias just pm me.

LOL.. well am over 30!

anyway.. just quickley wanted to say that there will for sure be teams from both sweden and denmark, i started to speed it a bit in the forums and the interest are good, so could be extra fun to beat some scandies eh?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Hey Doc I can make myself available. Deffo over 30 thats for sure. Im a weak tight player who only plays the nuts so I ll be like the centre half of the team. Remonstrating from the 18 yard box. roaring commands etc etc.

Can I have that last jersey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

C4Queen wrote:
    LOL.. well am over 30!

anyway.. just quickley wanted to say that there will for sure be teams from both sweden and denmark, i started to speed it a bit in the forums and the interest are good, so could be extra fun to beat some scandies eh?

Anna can you tell any hot young scandanavian blonde female poker players that il be on their team - il show them around dublin for the weekend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,615 ✭✭✭Mr.Plough

<--available

Hi guys,

I forgot to add that the player that lasts the longest will have points added to their teams total instead of deducted.

I will post details of exact points structure closer to the day as it depends on the number of runners (ie 700 or 1,000 or 1,500:) )

All players must be registered into the IPO before Sept 1st and full listings must be emailed to stephen@pokerireland.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

Stephen,

Stick us down for a team

Fran Egan
    Baz Hand
    Damien Kent
    Sean McClenaghan
    Adrian Donoghue
    1 TBC

Stephen,

Stick us down for a team

Fran Egan
    Baz Hand
    Damien Kent
    Sean McClenaghan
    Adrian Donoghue
    1 TBC

Can I call this the 'Jackyback' team?

Cheers Fran.

I will just need you to email me each players nick-name on Mermaid before Sept 1st. stephen@pokerireland.ie

Looks like a strong team, I must open up a book on this event too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

:D
    (I'm hesitant about accepting Shane The Phantom Lord due to his fancy three bet continuation plays against taxi drivers on their 8th heineken.

"i think u have a big hand, but i'll call anway" :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Badcawl

can you extend the cut off for this until sept. 8th?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

ditpoker wrote:
    lloyd, find me 4 others....
    heh... DEmeant0r and I are trying to find 3 others :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

mr. plough, want to be on our team?

We have:
    Me
    NeoSlicerz
    Tar_Aldarion

We have:
    Me
    NeoSlicerz
    Tar_Aldarion

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,047 ✭✭✭Culchie

My mentor Paddy the Terminator Hicks will play so that leaves one seat free.

Seat Still free Des?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,450 ✭✭✭Gholimoli

my services are also available for this.
    im an extreamly attractive male over 30 who enjoys playing J5o like AA,and in my spare time i ilke to seat beside Fatboy_dim in big events .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,454 ✭✭✭hf4z6sqo7vjngi

carfax wrote:
    Can I call this the 'Jackyback' team?

Cheers Fran.

I will just need you to email me each players nick-name on Mermaid before Sept 1st. stephen@pokerireland.ie

Looks like a strong team, I must open up a book on this event too.

Frank McCormack is the last one confirmed on the team, not all of them have accounts setup yet so will forward on details asap. You can call us "the winners" at the end of the tourney:rolleyes:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

DEmeant0r wrote:

We have:
    Me
    NeoSlicerz
    Tar_Aldarion
    No need to post it twice desperate boy!

If you need me to make up the team I will, if it happens it happens. :)

Lol it was a double post, couldn't be arsed deleting it.

Anyways, we need more people on our team thx, so join us if you enjoy playing with rocky chinese people and a some sligo bogger who has a girly avatar! :D Gholimoli? Any of ye Jackpot regulars need a team? :p

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,105 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

Get Jacques and Wombatman if they are playing?
    Ivor too? but maybe that is just being unfair to the opponents.

• Advertisement

rocky chinese gamblers, wtf?! ;)

I only gamble with the nuts, that's true gambling for ya!

Culchie wrote:
    Seat Still free Des?

well, well, well, look who's come lurking back into my world. :D

Culchie, the Jayminator and Muso got the last seats but i'll put you first on the reserve list if thats ok, i reckon we'll have at least one player fall by the poker wayside before the date.

thanks Culchie, d.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I'm looking for a team if anyone will have me.

NickyOD wrote:
    I'm looking for a team if anyone will have me.

I'll reserve a place for you now Nicky just to be sure to be sure.

Anyone looking to register simply has to email me before Sept 1st but I won't be accepting entries after that as I want to keep the field reasonably managable and because there is $2,600 added it makes it more worthwhile to teams that register early.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I suppose I'll pimp myself out to any team that would like to have me.

• Advertisement

shoutman wrote:
    I suppose I'll pimp myself out to any team that would like to have me.

You not gonna captain a college team?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

when is this on, the day before the IPO is it???

im also available to any team that will definitely win

carfax wrote:
    You not gonna captain a college team?
    There are college teams now?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭[DM] Frink

mdwexford wrote:
    when is this on, the day before the IPO is it???

im also available to any team that will definitely win

What? No, it takes part during the IPO, read the first page of the thread man

Okies, now looking for 2 more people... anyone interested in playing with non famous poker boardsies.

• Advertisement

and I'm better than Phil Hellmuth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

come on Des, you know as well as I do that Its Paddy "The Dyson" Hicks cause he hoooooovvveeeeers up the chips

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,281 ✭✭✭✭mdwexford

[DM] Frink wrote:
    What? No, it takes part during the IPO, read the first page of the thread man

so how do you play 2 tournaments at the one time then??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 450 ✭✭Blip

mdwexford wrote:
    so how do you play 2 tournaments at the one time then??

You see what happens is that there are two rooms set up, one for the main event and the other for the team event then the tourney director calls your name out when its your turn to act, so bring a good pair of runners your going to need them.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭coillcam

@ mdwexford:

I imagine its similar to the intercounty ch'ship pokerevents had last year. I played in it, good event too.

Every team starts with 2000 points we'll say.

Basically if I get knocked out first ie: 200/200 my team loses 200 points.

If member B of the team busts out 100/200 our team is losing another 100 points

etc.etc..... team players who make the final table get bonus points added on to the team total and the team with the highest remaining total wins.

Usually something along those lines.

I'd imagine the team event is based on your actual individual IPO performances collectively pooled in the above fashion with the seperate prize pool for teams . Essentially a group last longer bet. It's like the cross country team events

I hereby now whore off my body to any perspective suitors needing an extra player or wishing to start a new team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,924 ✭✭✭shoutman

I'm not overly sure of what my college situation will be next year so I dont know about captaining a college team as of yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

come to the dark side luke...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I'll play with anyone. All you have to do is ask. I'm not interested in captaining a team.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,187 ✭✭✭Flushdraw

Ste,

I should have a team in this. Not confirmed yet but hoping to be my "championship winning team" from Big Slicks team event, plus Bottom Feeder and Jayminator if theyre all available.

I'm going to sign up later and then get the rest of the lads to sign up over the next week or 2.

Flushdraw wrote:
    Ste,

I should have a team in this. Not confirmed yet but hoping to be my "championship winning team" from Big Slicks team event, plus Bottom Feeder and Jayminator if theyre all available.

I'm going to sign up later and then get the rest of the lads to sign up over the next week or 2.

Sound Tony.

Team place reserved for you now. Once the lads are registered before Oct 1st there will be no prob but email the full team list to me before then if you get a chance.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
Advertisement