Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on new build

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

ezdmanx wrote:

Any advice would be much appreciated! :)

Why go for a 32bit Vista when it can't address all that 4Gb of RAM?

• Registered Users Posts: 48 ezdmanx

Well, I should be able to use around 3.25 gb of the ram i recon, and i'll be happy with that. I dont want to be running into trouble with 64bit drivers etc. and Komplett dont seem to give the option of 64bit vista anyway in that build. When 64bit becomes the norm i'll prob try upgrade the vista then.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

ezdmanx wrote:
    Well, I should be able to use around 3.25 gb of the ram i recon, and i'll be happy with that. I dont want to be running into trouble with 64bit drivers etc. and Komplett dont seem to give the option of 64bit vista anyway in that build. When 64bit becomes the norm i'll prob try upgrade the vista then.

Everything that Vista 32bit supports is supported in 64bit. To get Vista certification and have the "Designed for Vista" emblem, 64bit support is required.

Advertisement