Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

to pluck or not to pluck

• 08-08-2007 3:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

should i do the eyebrows there not a full on uni-brow nuthing like that they just look a bit miss kept plus there two different shades of blonde for some reason,

so need both the lads and lassys opininion on it is it gay?or just maintanence

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Niamho!

I would say do it. nobody has to know! would there be someone you can ask to do it though?? or do you trust yourself not to go overboard??

dont go overboard. no shaping or any of that lark. just pluck out the Ones that look really stray. that should do ya. only thing is you'll have to keep it up when they're growing back...

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vespahead

oh crap never tought of that wat if u do a bad job anybody ever do that b4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,639 ✭✭✭PeakOutput

i pluck to ensure i dont have a uni brow.....ugggggghhhh

just get rid of the ones in the center its simple anything either side of the bridge of your nose(over your eyes duh) just leave alone

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭vespahead

no u dont understand there is grand its like the eyebrows above the eyes

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

OP it is not gay!

Ask a female friend to help. She might laugh but more than likely will get great fun watching you wince! My better half plucks mine to keep them tidy!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭Knee-Vee

Eyebrows are easy enough to do.

The first and most important thing you need to do is to comb them in the direction of growth with a brow brush so they lie nice and flat against your face. Don't try to shape them with the brush, just flatten them out.

You need to decide if you just want to tidy away the stray hairs underneath your brow or to actually shape them a bit.

If you just want to tidy them, then you get your tweezers (preferably angled because they're just easier to use, any pharmacist will show you a decent one) and pluck one hair at a time. Grasp the hair as close to the skin as you can, and pull quickly in the direction of hair growth. This hurts less than just ripping it out. Only do one hair at a time, and every few, step back, put down the tweezers, brush your brows again to see how things are looking.

If you want to shape them, I'd nearly suggest going to a pro, get them to do something (not tadpoles, some subtle shaping is all anyone needs) and then you can maintain that yourself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Advertisement