Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

WWE signs Kerry Von Erich's daughter

• 08-08-2007 3:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭

From pwinsider:
    World Wrestling Entertainment has apparently signed Lacey Adkisson, the daughter the late Kerry Von Erich to a (presumably) developmental deal. On her MySpace.com page, Adkisson announced, "Just signed with WWE!! Following daddy's foot steps...! Wish me luck!!"

Lacey, 21 years old, would be the the first third-generation member of the famous Von Erich wrestling family, who were the centerpiece of the legendary World Class Championship Wrestling territory based out of Dallas, Texas. WWE is slated to release a WCCW documentary DVD set this December.

Lacey's father Kerry, a former NWA World and WWF Intercontinental champion, was considered one of the top babyfaces of the 1980s. He passed away in 1993 from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

I hope she does well and stays healthy. I guess it would only be fair to put a face to the name:

l_649b00eaa633ba03b6e32c46b7cdc483.jpg

vondaught2.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

I didn't know she was involved in wrestling at all. Maybe she's just going to be like the majority of the divas, but her father was some wrestler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

More than a face hehe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote:
    but her father was some wrestler

He was when he was he healthy and with the right guy. He was a favorite of mine when he entered the WWE but the longer his time spent there went, the more harder his matches were to watch in hindsight.

He oozed charisma though which I think was his greatest strength.

The whole Von Erich family story is a sad and a screwed up one but Kerry's ending was particularly sad. Hopefully though, his daughter will do well who actually has a child according to her myspace.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

She is smokin. If she can wrestle too she could be a big star.

He was when he was he healthy and with the right guy. He was a favorite of mine when he entered the WWE but the longer his time spent there went, the more harder his matches were to watch in hindsight.

I don't ever remember seeing any of his WWF stuff, but he would have been around when I first started watching wrestling. His matches with Flair and Lawler were great. I didn't know who he was before the Lawler title unification match, but his charisma just made you get behind him so much. I think WWE are releasing a WCCW documentary dvd later this year, maybe Lacey will be used to advertise that in some way

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

The only match I remember him is in Wrestlemania 7 V Dino Bravo and that was quite short but his energy and flair showed all the same.

On topic, I wonder if she can wrestle. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,045 ✭✭✭Vince135792003

Fozzy wrote:
    I don't ever remember seeing any of his WWF stuff, but he would have been around when I first started watching wrestling.

He did pretty well initially especially with one of his feet being prosthetic! I've often heard Meltzer say that if he had been clean he was one of the few guys that could have possibly emulated Hogan in the way he brought it to the mainstream if given the push.

He did have something about him though. The roided up physique was obviously apart of it but there was a charm about him that came across too if that makes sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

havent heard about her but she has big boots to fill considering who her father was

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

From PWInsider:
    - Lacey Von Erich (the daughter of Kerry Von Erich) has been released from WWE developmental. Lacey had been working in Florida Championship Wrestling. While she was very beautiful those that I spoke with said that she did not have a grasp of the business and was not around training much last month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

What a wasted opportunity; this girl had the potential to become a huge star in WWE. Guess its the story of the Von Erich family, so much wasted potential.

Lacey was only 7 years old when her father died - the whole situation is just so sad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Numina

wow, the adkisson's don't have a very good track record when it comes to death. Lets hope she turns out alright in the end.

Aw well. If it's not the thing for her then she's better off out of it

Advertisement