Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PC Stores?

Options
  • 08-08-2007 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,249 ✭✭✭

Right well im on the verge of upgrading my pc now since it really is going to be wasted in the scrapyard along with alot of pc's come Dx10. I have actually got a price tag for everything for it but the problem is that the company is UK based and ill end up having to spend 1600 euro when it costs 1057 pounds thank you very much exchange rate. So i was wondering if anyone knew any companys/stores that offer to build your pc in and around the greater Dublin area. Heres the UK quote btw.

Processor (CPU):

Intel® Core™2 Duo E6850 (2 X 3.00GHz) 1333MHz FSB/4MB L2 Cache

Memory (RAM):

2048 MB CORSAIR DDR2 667MHz - LIFETIME WARRANTY! (2x1GB)

Motherboard:

ASUS® P5N32-E SLI+: Quad-core CPU Ready, NVIDIA® Dual X16 SLI

Operating System:

64 BIT WINDOWS® VISTA Business (inc CD & License) (£95)

USB Options:

6 x USB 2.0 PORTS (4 REAR + 2 FRONT) AS STANDARD

Memory - 1st Hard Disk:

320GB SERIAL ATA II HARD DRIVE WITH 8MB CACHE (7200rpm)

2nd Hard Disk

NONE:

RAID (HDD 1 & 2)

NONE

1st CD/DVD Drive:

20x DVD±RW/RAM/Dual Layer + Lightscribe (48 x CD-RW) (£16)

2nd CD/DVD Drive:

NONE

Graphics Card:

640MB GEFORCE 8800GTS PCI Express + DVI + TV-OUT

2nd Graphics Card:

NONE

Sound Card:

6 Channel RealTek ALC883 Audio (Standard on P5N-E SLI)

Modem:

NONE, I WILL BE USING BROADBAND

Network Facilities:

ONBOARD 10/100/1000 GIGABIT LAN PORT

Floppy Disk Drive:

NONE

Memory Card Reader:

INTERNAL 52 IN 1 CARD READER (READS XD, MS, CF, SD, etc)

Case:

Black Neon Bubble case + front USB & front Lights

Power Supply & Case Cooling:

700W Quiet Quad Rail PSU + 120mm Case Fan (£79)

Processor Cooling:

SUPER QUIET 19 dBA INTEL CPU COOLER (£14)

Firewire & Video Editing:

2 x IEEE 1394a FIREWIRE ONBOARD (1 in back + 1 on board)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 793 ✭✭✭white_falcon

www.ankermann-pc.com - build the PC for u

www.hardwareversand.de - build the PC for u

www.komplett.ie - buy the parts and build it urself - better than buying from england with exchange rate

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

If you're upgrading for DX10 hold off if you can.
    DX10.1 is coming out with Vista SP1 and guess what..none of the current video cards support it.
    Good thing though is that these are optional components for vendors to make use of.

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭Skittle

Your memory speed is a bit low, try and go for 800MHz memory instead...

• Registered Users Posts: 17,434 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

just noticed your motherboard..change this if possible and go for the evga 680i board. There are a lot of memory compatibility issues with the Asus one which the evga one doesn't have. I ended up having to buy 2 x 2gb kits as my 4 x1gig kit wasn't recognised and wouldn't boot. The Asus QVL list doesn't help either as it's constantly changing and what was compatible last week mightn't be this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,757 ✭✭✭8T8

There is no point in using a 64-bit OS with only 2GB of RAM, get the 32-bit version of Windows instead.

As for building well if you know someone with a bit of experience you could ask them nicely or try it yourself it's not that hard.

Alternatively use someone like Komplett or OcUK to do the building for you and then install the OS yourself once you get the PC. Just click this link and select all the parts you want from the list and they will build to and send it to you.

As for DX10 support well there aren't really any games that use it properly and wont be for quite a while so it's not something I'd fret over same goes for DX10.1 the current DX10 cards may already be at least partially 10.1 compatible as it's a minor update I think but it's up to NV/ATI either way DX9 will remain the dominant API for some time to come.

• Advertisement
Advertisement