Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Handbags and Gladrags Charity Tourney - Refund Query.

• 08-08-2007 4:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭

The cancelled tournament at the SE.

Has anyone who registered online for this received their €300 back yet?

Myself, Doc and Mrs Dim still waiting.

Appreciate it's a charity, but it's been some time now and they haven't been great at getting back to us.

EDIT: Sorry mods is it possible to change the title of post - or if not remove and I'll post again with - "Refund Queary" added to title as I've realised it looks like I'm advertising a tournament that is about to happen instead of asking about one that didn't. - I worked it out as you can see - please ignore:rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭smurph

I got sponsorship through work and haven't as yet got cheque back.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,882 ✭✭✭Doc Farrell

I don't have Chris Hill's number. I'm sure they'll refund the cash but i like to be notified as a gesture of good faith.
    a minor delay, easily rectified, i just hope i don't have to go out of my way to do so.
    i'm not in an any hurry but i hate not having an email replied to.

(Len said he'd break my legs if he didn't get his 1% back!)

edit:

no doubt most of the players here who paid 300 euro would be happy to play later in the year and even lose! but there's a necessary way for any charity to accept the cash and no one here wants Handbags and Gladrags to get into any sort of situation. So if anyone knows the organisers ust ask them to post here or pm me. thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭Fatboydim

Agree Des - I'm sure it's just middle men or accountants or something, but communication would be nice. And then hopefully full steam ahead when they announce the date of the tourney. [Though I think that a €100 rebuy tourney might raise them more cash.]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 FullTiltEric

I recieved a phone call to say the money would be refunded, but haven't gotten anything back yet.

Damn...and I was tagging that money to be used to play at the SE. I guess it is their loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,751 ✭✭✭BigCityBanker

im gonna give them a call/write them an email etc.. tis a bit much to have to wait this long imo.

• Advertisement

just called them - there has been a delay and Virginie Ripoll (sp) told me she got a call today confirming that the refunds were to be affected asap.

I understand its a charity and I dont mind helping out causes like this but i think its a bit much to expect people to wait around especially with a distinct lack of communication over the issue. I know the delay, well more so the lack of communication over the refund has tainted my willingness to resubscribe to this event if it is to take place again later this year.

just my 2cents.

I got this email 10 mins after i got off the phone....

Dear Noel,

Ref: Handbags and Gladrags: Poker Classic : Noel Hayes

This note is to let you know that the sum of €300.00 for attendance at Handbags and Gladrags: Poker Classic has been refunded to your card. The organisers regret that it was necessary to cancel the event, and apologise for the delay in refunding the monies through to your card.

If you do not see the refund on your card statement within 5 working days, please contact Virginie Ripoll, Alchemy Event Management on 01 284 6096.

Kind regards

The Handbags & Gladrags team

Advertisement