Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Maps?

• 08-08-2007 5:42pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Im just curious as to which brand name (Garmin/TomTom etc) has the best set of maps for Ireland and also in and around Dublin?

PDD

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭alan4cult

At the moment go for a Garmin which use the latest NAVTEQ maps. Although I'm still waiting for delivery on mine, I have talked to others on this forum and "real" people who believe Garmin to be the best. TomTom should be good in a year or so when they update the Teleatlas maps but at the moment only for Dublin users which doesn't suit me, but possibly it suits you. In fact, TomTom and Garmin both offer equality in Dublin and TomTom are said to have a nicer User Interface.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭dak

I think Garmin have the better coverage of Ireland although some new roads are still not updated even on the latest Navtec maps! Widescreen garmins are very easy to look at!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭Trojan911

PDD wrote:
    Hi Folks, Im just curious as to which brand name (Garmin/TomTom etc) has the best set of maps for Ireland and also in and around Dublin? PDD

I went to two independant retailers when I bought my Garmin nuivi 250 a few weeks ago. Both recommended Garmin maps to me as opposed to TomTom, the next Garmin map update is apparently in Jan '08 when you can download the lastest software (apparently for free) for your system.

TJ911...

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭TontoMurphy

Route66's maps are pretty healthy. They only released an update 2 weeks ago.. Should be starting to appear in shops soon... been using Route66 Mobile for about 12 months by now... Never a problem in Dublin City or round country...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Hi Guys,

Cheers for the feedback, much appreciated :-)

Dave

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 6,525 Mod ✭✭✭✭sharkman

If you give me an example of where you are looking for I can do a screen capture on Tomtom and post here . I have used garmin alongside Tomtom and there is bugger all difference in the maps TBH .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭PDD

Hi Sharkman,

Thanks a million for the gracious offer but there is no need. I was asking for a friend of my Dads, he's bought a new TomTom and very happy with it. Once again cheers for the help guys.

Dave

Advertisement