Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Current Ankermann AMD So.AM2 X2 6000 Windsor offer

Options
  • 08-08-2007 6:25pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

I'm currently upgrading/buying a pc
    I'll be using it for image, video and music editing (nothing major). It will also be a backup machine for all files (music, images, etc.) and I hope to set up RAID on it with some existing SATA hard disks I have. I'm not into games and won't be overclocking.

I have looked at Komplett but buying all the required 'compatible' components is a bit above me at the moment, I don't have the time to read up on them either :(

Also I'm still on the fence in regards to whether AMD or Intel would better suit my needs.

I'm looking at the current Ankermann offer: AMD ATHLON 64 X2 6000+ So.AM2 Dual Core 'Windsor' base price €429

Changing a few items I end up with this:
    - So.AM2 GigaByte M55S-S3 (P/S/GBL/R/SATAII/F: + €21.90
    - PCI-e 256MB NVidia GeForce 7300-GT TV-out & DVI: +€30.90
    - 250GB Samsung SATA-II HardDrive 8MB/7200
    - 1024 MB DDR-II RAM 667MHz
    - DDR-II RAM 1024MB CORSAIR PC667: +€41.90
    - LG GSH44N Multiformat Dual Layer 18x +&- DVD-RW
    - GMac case - Black: € 0.00
    - Arctic So.AM2 Cooler
    - 525W MAXSILENT 525Watt 2xSata 20/24Pin: +€19.90
    - 8 Channel Superior Quality Audio
    - 10/100/1000 MBit GB-LAN Ethernet DSL ready

including shipping cost is €583.
    What are peoples opinions on this system?
    Will I get a few years out of it?

Thanks in advance and all the best,
    Andy

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 404 ✭✭DemocAnarchis

Highly reccommend adding at least another gig of ram if you are doing any digital media editing. 250GB isnt huge if you are using it as a backup machine, but if your other disks cover ye, fine and dandy. Would reccommend a core2 duo over amd at the minute, more bang for your buck.

Advertisement