Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best chance of snow this winter Period

Options
  • 08-08-2007 8:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭

last year we were blessed with Snow in Andorra; it snowed the day we arrived but still it only allowed half the slopes to open and by the end of the week it was gone very icy again.
    Where can a group of Intermediate skiers go that will have snow (as much as a guarantee as possible). Would like it to be cheap good night life etc.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gudauri Not cheap to get there, but cheap when you're there. Snow generally plentyful

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

Imo there's no real point in worrying about the snow conditions if you are going from January to end of March. Last year was just a freak winter all across Europe.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Static M.e.

Agree with the above.

My favourite time to go is the last week in January / First week in Febuary.

Most places classify it as low season even though its right in the middle of two high seasons. So because its low season it costs you less and generally the slopes are in really good conditions. We always get good snow

• Registered Users Posts: 4,666 ✭✭✭Imposter

That's my favourite time too :)
    Less kids and people in general on the piste, excelent snow conditions and it's around my birthday too :)

Only disadvantage is that it can be really really cold especially if it is snowing.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Yep, that is when I mostly go as well. Some of the high altitude palces can be very cold as mentioned, but due to school holiday timings is it not the most expensive time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭paddyb

im heading to Tignes in mid January

some people mentioned Livigno to me as well

Advertisement