Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Jewellery making

• 08-08-2007 9:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 61 ✭✭

Hey,

I am looking to try making my own jewellery, just as a hobby, beginning with necklaces and pendants maybe? Does anyone know a dublin shop where I can buy cheap enough materials like chains, beads, clasps etc? The internet has loads of shops but I'm only a beginner so if you could reccomend an internet site either, that would be great.

Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 bren367

I've heard of a shop called B.D.I that stocks all that stuff and I believe class's in jewelry either in Bray or Blackrock you could look up the phone book. I do know of a shop between the Halfpenny Bridge and O'Connell Bridge for all kinds of jewelry making. There was also a shop in Castle Market but not sure if it still exist. Happy hunting.

I've heard of a shop called B.D.I that stocks all that stuff and I believe class's in jewelry making either in Bray or Blackrock, you could look up the phone book. I do know of a shop between the Halfpenny Bridge and O'Connell Bridge for all kinds of jewelry making. There was also a shop in Castle Market but not sure if it still exist. Happy hunting.

I've heard of a shop called B.D.I that stocks all that stuff and I believe class's in jewelry making either in Bray or Blackrock, you could look up the phone book. I do know of a shop between the Halfpenny Bridge and O'Connell Bridge for all kinds of jewelry making. There was also a shop in Castle Market but not sure if it still exist. Happy hunting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭elven

There's BDI in Bray, which has quite a good selection of beads and is nice for a saturday/sunday afternoon visit :)http://www.bdijewellery.com/

There's a shop called Crown Jewels, out the back of the powerscourt centre, between that and the George Arcade. Some lovely wee beads in there too.

Yellow Brick Rd is the one on the Liffey, lots of choice but a little more expensive I thought. http://www.yellowbrickroad.ie/

There's also a couple of bits and pieces at Inspiring Ideas at the Blanchardstown retail park - the same bit as Maplin and Harry Corry, in the corner there - not in the centre itself.

Hello to all you arty people,
    I'm very new to arts and crafts and would be seeking out anyone who has tools or goods for sale perhaps they don't use anymore. Would really appreciate your replys. I'm also seeking knitted toy patterns.
    Slan Bren367

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 427 ✭✭eve

There's also a pink shop called Beads and Bling in a street deriectly across the Liffey from Yellow Brick Road. They would have some different stock to the others and some of it is pretty good.

Personally I tend to use a combination of the shops mentioned above. I was in BDI and Yellow Brick Road on Saturday and Inspiring Ideas on Sunday and I spent a small fortune on materials.

With regards to tools, some of the pliers stocked in the craft shops can be expensive. What I did was go into a tool shop and buy a small case with 6 pliers in it. Cost me about E25 and I would generally use 4 of the set to make an individual piece. It give you a good base for cutting, bending, shaping, etc. and you can always build upon it as your needs change.

Advertisement