Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Couple of questions

Options
  • 08-08-2007 9:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭

hi guys,

couple of questions.

When do CAO offers roll out?
    And a very broad question, how much does college cost?
    Entrance fees and all of this...

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭nedward

CAO out Monday!

Registration fee of between 800 quid to 1200, if the memory is correct, plus accommodation, check daft.ie, living costs, about 75-100 quid per week of Lidl finest plus going out money which depends on how much you wanna spend...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,375 ✭✭✭fonpokno

first round cao offers are on the 20th and i think second round are like the 28th or something? i could be wrong! emm registration fees are like 800 odd as far as i know but im not sure if it depends on the place!

those answers are all a bit vague arent they... but the 20th is definitely right!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,715 ✭✭✭marco murphy

Thanks a lot ppl, lidls finest is right ;)

As long as I dont need to worry about a few thousand :p
    Thanks

PS - Iam going on hols on the 19th, can I view and accept offers over the net?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭fionated7

isnt that wat everyone does?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭Haven't a Clue

fionated7 wrote:
    isnt that wat everyone does?
    No, you get a letter too I think. I'm not sure whether you collect it at the school or whether it's sent to your home though.

• Advertisement

No, you get a letter too I think. I'm not sure whether you collect it at the school or whether it's sent to your home though.

Sent to your home, but unlike LC day it will probably be online before the hard copy is available. When I got my LC results, someone silly at rte.ie put the first round of the CAO points online the night before on rte.ie/cao, and little old me happened to stumble upon it.

Huzzah!

Registration fee is €825 (I think) plus you might have to pay a bit more on top of that depending on the college (some of them have additional levies places on top of it for USI membership, Sports Halls, Student Centres, coke & hookers etc.). If you get a grant, it's paid for you.

As for day to day costs, that's a whole other story...

So I cant play with offers online while on holidays?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭ninebeanrows

Where you going on the 19th?

Im going that day too! To Majorca

When did I say that? You can't really 'play' with them, unless it's changed, there wasn't really much to do but accept the offer. But of course it'll be available online.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,671 ✭✭✭genericgoon

Or defer or not respond. All you can do is accept,decline or defer.

• Advertisement

And thats what Iam talking about.
    Thanks...

Advertisement