Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford Fiesta Alloy wheels

Options
  • 08-08-2007 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭

I would like to ask if its possible to change my Ford Fiesta Alloy wheels to 17" or up to 19"? its a 2006 Fiesta with ford factory allow wheels i think its 14 or 15... and where can i buy cheap alloy wheels (dublin area), used or brand new?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Rhodney wrote:
    I would like to ask if its possible to change my Ford Fiesta Alloy wheels to 17" or up to 19"? its a 2006 Fiesta with ford factory allow wheels i think its 14 or 15... and where can i buy cheap alloy wheels (dublin area), used or brand new?

Personally I would not put anything bigger than 16" or 17" on a Fiesta. Anything bigger and your speedo will be way off, the tyres will more than likely be rubbing against the arches, the car will sit taller on the wheels and they will look naff imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

the Fiesta Steel comes with 16" alloys, these look very well, you could fit 17's. I have 18" alloys on my car, and the arches are bigger than on the Fiesta,the ride is very hard. For 18 or 19" you would need a very, very low profile tyre, and lowered suspension, so goodbye ride quality. If it's your everyday car then don't go bigger than 17

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭Rhodney

thanks for the advice...
    mine is fiesta zetec...is it 16" or 14"? TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 73,454 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

AFAIK the Zetec has 15 or 16" depnding on when it was sold

• Registered Users Posts: 51,238 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

The Fiesta Zetec has 15" OEM alloy wheels afaik.

I would try and get a set of Fiesta Steel 16" OEM alloys, they are large enough imo and will not have much difference on comfort and ride.

• Advertisement
Advertisement