Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

payee a/c only

Options
  • 08-08-2007 9:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭

My friend has a sterling cheque made out to pay her and it's crossed payee a/c only, but she doesn't have a bank a/c.
    She signed the back of it and I lodged it in my a/c but it was returned (worth a try)
    Any ideas how to cash this cheque?:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭jahalpin

You can't cash a cheque with a cross on it, especially if the cheque is sent on collection to a foreign bank.

Your friend could open a bank account and lodge the cheqiue to this account

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

She can't cash it without an account. Endorsing it makes no difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

My friend has a sterling cheque made out to pay her and it's crossed payee a/c only, but she doesn't have a bank a/c.
    She signed the back of it and I lodged it in my a/c but it was returned (worth a try)
    Any ideas how to cash this cheque?:confused:

Can't be cashed, it has to be lodged to an account in the person's name. No way around this. She is going to have to open an a/c.

• Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭LOTTOWINNER

thanks for the help guys

Advertisement