Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stink In The City?!

Options
  • 08-08-2007 9:26pm
    Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Does anyone know why everywhere in town smells faintly like rotting feces? Seriously, it's getting weird and has gotten to the point where I've closed the windows in my flat to stop the smell coming in on the breeze.

(And yeah, I know, some smartarse is guaranteed to say "check yer shoes, you probably walked in crap". I've been doing that so much today to make sure it's not my shoes I've got a crick in my neck. Either I'm blind or it's a bigger problem than doody of the sole.)

Edited as I realised that it's not possible to "vaguely rot"; either you're rotting or your not. I is good with werds and stuff...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

It probably is your shoes...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

It might be the sewage overflow into the river last week - with the flooding the sewers were backed up so the overflow by the Opera house was discharging into the river.
    Or your shoes. Either sounds plausible.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

deRanged wrote:
    It might be the sewage overflow into the river last week - with the flooding the sewers were backed up so the overflow by the Opera house was discharging into the river.

I think you're right.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Sorry, I had a massive curry last night. I'll try to bring it under control.

Fysh, can I've my shoes back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,818 ✭✭✭Gauge

Stink? That's good old Cork air my boy (or girl), fresh from the Lee. It'll give you a healthy appetite, put some hair on your chest, maybe a couple of extra limbs or eyes too...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,857 ✭✭✭indough

lol, i noticed that tonight and got pure paranoid, i thought the smell was off me.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Gauge wrote:
    Stink? That's good old Cork air my boy (or girl), fresh from the Lee. It'll give you a healthy appetite, put some hair on your chest, maybe a couple of extra limbs or eyes too...

With the smell going around yesterday the hair on my chest has started to crinkle and turn yellow. As for my appetite, well I'd want to be a bit weird to get hungry from the smell of crap :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭shnaek

Tis rank alright. Was around this morning too. Lovely to wake up, open the windows and then drop unconscious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Yeah, I noticed it too. Along with a few other people I've mentioned it to. I thought it smelled(?smelt?) of slurry more than anything else. Was everywhere yesterday evening.

Yeah Fysh, you have hairs on your chest. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭hunnymonster

deRanged wrote:
    Or your shoes. Either sounds plausible.

yep, I swam through it:eek: and it was raw sewage.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,054 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

dahamsta wrote:
    Yeah Fysh, you have hairs on your chest. :rolleyes:

Adam, just because you have to nip into the mortuary with a razor and some sticky tape to get any kind of a chestrug doesn't mean that the rest of us are cursed with bald pecs.

Yeah Fysh, you have pecs. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,294 ✭✭✭Jack B. Badd

Am I the only one expecting Tree to turn up and post "Yore a pec!"?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,541 ✭✭✭Heisenberg.

This post has been deleted.

Advertisement